1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2013.

1. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

This should be a big win for us. Lakers suck.

2. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

and that's a great lesson for us... don't break this tremendously clicking roster by trading our guys for some stupid star that would allegedly make us a contender...we already ARE CONTENDERS!

3. Viola

Viola Member

Kill them by 130+ pts.. oh yeah~~

4. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Play our game... they are old and slow...

quick transition / fast break every for 48min

Lin should destroy nash via penetration

5. Luca

Luca Member

It will be a difficult game, I hope our outside shooting is good especially Lin. He needs his shots to fall so he can get into rhythm.

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Kobe tearing them up publicly, injured Dwight Howard, a tired Lakers team, plays no defense and a weak bench, this should be a cakewalk. From LA Times, It was a loud locker room with a lot of cussing immediately after the game, according to one observer. Not at each other, somewhat surprisingly... " We should not lose this game. We have the real Kobe, Harden.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Lakers have lost 3 straight

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/LakersReporter">LakersReporter</a> Dwight Howard aggravated his shoulder injury tonight. He’s going to have an MRI in the morning. Stay tuned.</p>&mdash; Rey-Rey (@TheNoLookPass) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheNoLookPass/status/288156641101230080" data-datetime="2013-01-07T05:34:31+00:00">January 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. 28sinan

28sinan Member

Asik better play some ball against the Lakers,he played not well the last two games and he got some rest.and actually he had to prove something against d12 because the last two times they played against each oher d12 owned him to hell

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This explains it... I don't think you're a troll anymore... just a r****ded 18 year old kid. Carry on.

10. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

I hope this is the defensive strategy. Parsons should be our wing defender, his length may be able to hassle Kobe enough as well. Harden should be our scorer, he could drop 30 easily if Dwight is out but I don't want his Efense on Kobe to result in Kobe getting hot and dropping 40.

11. Luca

Luca Member

Yep, agreed. Put Parsons or Lin on Kobe and let him get into the chucking mode like yesterday in the Denver game where he laid bricks. He will get his shots no matter what.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

New to the Rockets? Parsons has guarded Kobe every time he's on the court.

As for Howard, here's hoping that Gasol being given the post exclusively doesn't get him to wake up, his post game is vastly better than Howard's but they've been trying to play him as a stretch 4...which he's just so bad at.

My question with the Lakers isn't when does D'Antoni get sacked, it's when does Jerry Buss given up on the experiment of his son, whose basically the worst owner in the nba, and hand it over to Jeannie (and maybe Phil)

13. teebone21

teebone21 Member

No Dwight = win for us , kobe been on superman mode lately so parsons gonna have trouble. Patterson should have gg with gasol not wanting to come out to 3pt line

14. VanityHalfBlack

I don't know about this one. We barely beat them last game and they were leading for the most part... D'antoni knows Lin's game very well and D Howard is going to eat Asik up/ Kobe with a monster game against us.

15. Cazuquel

Cazuquel Member

Again will depend on Lin play well to Houston win the game as has happened since December because the 28 points of Harden will do.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

I have a feeling that DH won't play. Dantoni does know Lin's game very well but if Dwight isn't playing who is going to stop Lin from getting to the rim? Nash can't stay in front of him, Kobe can't keep up with him. MWP will likely be on Harden. The Lakers D is atrocious particularly in the fast break & on the PNR which is all the Rockets do. Unless DH plays (which I doubt) I don't see the Lakers stopping us. But obviously all of this is predicated on us hitting outside shots so that they can't pack the paint.

17. macho87

macho87 Member

Rockets are gonna run these old fools out of the building.

18. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Watching rocket bigs play post i am amazed chuck hayes was so effective at his size

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jeremy should have a good game.

20. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

What the hell. The Rockets are going to play to win, even if that means running and playing as hard as they can.