1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2013.

1. nono

nono Member

Asik also seems to disappear against the better teams in the league. 2 pts 5 rebounds yesterday. He was almost invisible.

2. Grigori

Grigori Member

If you can spot up and shoot, then you can play with anybody. Without putting too fine a point on it, though, Harden averaged 12.8 ppg when he played next to Westbrook, and I'm not seeing how CP3 can work without the ball in his hands at least as much as Westbrook.

3. CCM721

CCM721 Member

When Harden played with Westbrook wasn't he also probably playing with Durant?

4. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

I remember that, ficking harsh!!!

Glad TD is playing well this season, I noted he was always very positive and supported Jeremy when J was on his Linsanity run, which must have been hard for him.

5. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

I always go by this rule.

If you don't know who has a record in basketball, it's probably Wilt.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No. They were on the same team, but never once saw the court together.

What is your point?

7. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

I think these fellas are doing a great job, considering their inexperience. They're learning at a fast pace -- figuring out what works, trying not to make errors, scoring... I think they're doing a great job. Best is that they seem to be a nice group of guys who don't appear to be thugs, are tough but not dirty, without controversy and distractions. Each one has his own personality and brings something of value to this entertaining team.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Are we judging chemistry by personal stats or potential wins? Bosh's stats have dropped considerably since joined he joined Miami. Guess he can't play with Lebron and Wade.

For the record, Harden scored 16.8 ppg on 66 TS% next to Westbrook and Durant, which I consider a success. Westbrook shot about 18 times a game, so there would be plenty of opportunity for CP3 to do his thing while sharing the backcourt with Harden.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Uh, you do realize that Asik only played 21 minutes because the Lakers went small most of the night, right? He also got 2 blocks in that short of a time.

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Harden with dunk and assist of the night on NBA.com ;)

11. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

The lakers are one of the better teams in the league?

They went small ball and Michael responded. No biggie. Asik has been pretty consistent. A bad game here or there is ok for a young big.

12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Good thing they didn't play a good team

13. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

DITTO, but I think TD is naturally positive toward others. Doesn't seem to waste bad energy. He (and CD) are stabilizing for this team.

14. CCM721

CCM721 Member

It was a rhetorical question. My point was he was saying CP3 would cause Harden's PPG to go down significantly because that's what happened when he was on the floor with Westbrook. When in reality it wasn't just Westbrook on the floor, it was also Durant.

15. Grigori

Grigori Member

Yep, Harden was basically Jeremy Lin in OKC, except trading in some defense for better spot-up shooting. You remember back when people were laughing at Morey for inking Harden to a 5-year max? Yeah. That didn't last long.

Note that the number is actually worse than it looks as far as "playing with Westbrook" goes. Harden got his 12.8 ppg while getting substantial time without either Durant or Westbrook on the floor, being the bench carrier.

16. dchoye

dchoye Member

Watched the entire game
    Rox didn't disappoint against the Lakers
    It's very enjoyable watching this run
    I'll stay as a fan

17. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Why would the clippers want to downgrade for Lin + assets? Why would they give up CP3 when they're so deep right now. Some of you on the other side are just as delusional has the homers. Keep the fantasies in your wet dreams.

18. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I believe it what was what we call a hypothetical question.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Thanks just the type of fan the Rockets need.

20. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

just watched some nba.com highlights of the game and read a few articles and find it ANNOYING that they keep excusing the loss due to a "short-handed" Laker squad, or "depleted" team. I mean WTF is that. They have two, TWO future hall of famers on the starting roster, a former all star and lock down defender in Metta, and young players to round out the team.

I find it hilarious that the Rockets have ONE bona fide star + complimentary players yet its the Lakers who are the depleted, outmatched ones, and "underdogs." I mean, hello, the Lakers do have the #1 scorer in the NBA--we have the #5 AND they have Nash AND Metta AND Jamison and other assets and we have a bunch of no names (I jest, I love Parsons, Lin, Asik etc but to the rest of the league, they aren't worth crap).

Just more excuses for a pitiful, underperforming Laker team. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: