1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/19/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Didn’t he end up getting fouled on this play anyway, after he drove by Hart and got smacked in the arms by another Laker?

2. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Really happy for the win! I bought myself and my
    I think that's what it's turned into. I believe it was first used in the December game by LeBron James while he was guarding Chris Paul. Paul certainly didn't take offense to it, nor did the King mean to offend. It was just an acknowledgment that Paul knows how to draw fouls very well, and James wanted to make it as difficult as possible. I don't think the intentions for others using that move are quite as innocent, though.

snowconeman22, hakeem94 and jcf like this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The Lakers were were winning by like 15 points and harden was off to a slow start.

Prior to Josh Hart doing the matador, James harden almost got a technical after he argued a foul call

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Rivers is nice. Two-way players are valuable. His shot wasn't falling last night, but he was efficient in handling the ball -- zero turnovers with six assists. He's averaging <1 turnover per game since joining.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i believe it all started in the spurs series in 2017 by pop instructing his players to show hands

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is so valuable.. i never saw somebody so savvy with the ball he is simply not turning it ovah

cp3 gordon beard pls take notice!

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

You can't expect the Lakers with lebron to let harden run off 11 straight points (3 three points and two free throws) down the stretch of a playoff game.

Then fast forward to Gordon hitting the rockets fourth straight three pointer and game winner in the last three minutes of a game.

A lebron led Lakers team will not have kentavias pope Pope and Lance Stephenson blowing defensive assignments down the sketch in a fourth quarter.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

au contraire rockets would have had a much easier win had lebron played

9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Man look...with three minutes left in the game, the Lakers offense with lebron in the lineup would be lebron driving to the rim out of spread set with lebron making plays instead of what you saw last night.

What you saw last night was the second greatest come back besides Tracy mcgrady 13 points in less than one minute against the Spurs more than ten years ago.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The latter. Hart and Lebron did this the first time the Lakers played Rockets. They b****ed about Harden and Paul afterwards. Surprising coming from his buddy Bron.

jcf likes this.
  11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

It's a running bet to see who can block James harden kinda like how 'old man' manu ginobilli blocked harden's shot when the Spurs beat the rockets in the playoffs a couple of seasons ago.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member