1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 1/18/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's referring relative to Harden.

DreamShook likes this.
  2. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Lmao at Harden being our best player tonight. Smh

farhen likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When Westbrook leads us in scoring, we lose.......he doesn't fit with Harden.

DD

tycoonchip likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Aren't those super solid numbers though? He makes two more shots of those he missed and it's a really good game.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Im down....this is unbelievable. Im really tired of this. Capela can even get traded right now....because we cant really afford not to get decent wings anymore.

clutchdabear likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

News Flash: BMAC IS NOT A FORWARD!

MDA put Ben in there because House is terrible. Start Frazier and move in Clemons off the bench.

JayGoogle and Ramo$e like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seem they got/grew they lead with him on the bench

Rocket River

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's why I see those stats as meaningless.

9. JackLordsHair66

Yup, this team is a joke, fools gold jumping out to the start we did but the massive spiral is about to get worse believe it !!

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I laughed out loud. lol!

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

12. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

his defense before that injury was okay. afterwards though he's just coasting and going thru the motions. there were so many times today where he had no urgency to stop ball in transition... which is something you learn in grade school. he literally just jogged next to the ballhandler without putting any pressure.
    at least some of the other rockets players show active hands and effort even if they blow coverages and what not. with house, you have zero effort on defense now along with trash offense.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

He was, he's the most consistent player from beginning to end, Westbrook was not good in the second half....jesus, dont quote me if you dont know what you are talking about

Rocket River likes this.
  14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Gonna take some heartbreak to get over this slump. Either trading Tucker, Capela or either Harden or Westbrook

15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

You can't tell me Harden isn't the most dangerous player in this league. No other player gets double teamed that much from basically the half court. We didn't even do it on Lebron, because I guarantee if we had, the Lakers would have struggled like hell and Lebron would have struggled like hell. If you're going to argue and say Harden should be moving off the ball and cutting in. Well, I doubt it'll make much difference, because I guarantee you Harden still gets 2 or 3 guys around him for a layup, dunk or a 3pt shot. What we need is a good supporting cast for Harden and Westbrook. The Lakers knew his teammates wouldn't hit their shots on a regular basis.... and they can live with Westbrook taking a few layups or dunks.

If you stop Harden, you literally stop the Rockets. I'm surprised every other team doesn't do it. Expect every other team to keep doing this until we get good and consistent support for Harden and Westbrook. Expect it until MDA stops looking clueless.

At the rate, will we even make the playoffs? We're losing back-to-back games and the teams below us seem to be winning.

HP3 and topfive like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

After the week we've had, the last thing Houston fans need was to hear LeBron F$%king James getting significant MVP chants in the Toyota Center.

RocketsFido likes this.
  17. JackLordsHair66

Yeah Harden wad awful and yet god forbid you criticize his half assed play ever since the 76ers game on this baord

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The worst thing about the Rockets being awful is I don't care about watching other basketball games.

juanm34 and RocketsFido like this.
  19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It comes down to help and accountability. I feel bad for James. All these years of doing it all and not having enough support. Russ is playing well, but any decent owner would surround James with more talent. He's being wasted.

Our backcourt drops 50 or more a game. (EGo gets a slight break until he's healed.)

Other than that, we're soft. Clint plays one good game, and then is beyond lazy. Tuck does his job, but we're not getting him his shots.

The accountability is ownership and now Morey. The Rockets can win this thing with this backcourt, but they need one or two more supportive pieces. It doesn't have to be superstars either.

Luckily it only matters in the playoffs, and my gut tells me we're meeting the Jazz again. That's a disaster for Russ lol.

/Vent

The supports are coming in odd fashion...but watch the dwellers, buyouts and Twin(s). Washington is exploding, as is Detroit. Covington is great, but I don't know if that's the answer...I'd take Trev back. And, whomever gets Love is going to win. That tank isn't empty. Wayne wants out and you may as well gamble with Orlando and Devos' sick legacy.

I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning, but as of now, I don't care for Clint. How does Javale and Dwert make you look incompetent?

/Vent 2

#FreeDougie

cerophilik, Deuce, Patience and 9 others like this.
  20. bj3175

bj3175 Member