1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 11/21/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 21, 2015.

1. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

The answer is easy, Dwight refuses to set screens. He slips past every single one. When we run a PNR with the PF because Harden prefers someone actually set a screen, all Dwight does is muck up the paint.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They should put the original starters back together. Howard, Jones, Ariza, Harden and Beverly. They will all be playing this next game.
    Lawson, Thorton, McDaniels, Harrell Brewer and Capela are a formidable bench.
    Stop mixing things around so much.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Harrell/ Brewer

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if there is a mutually beneficial trade to be made between HOU and LAC. Both team disappointing so far and the whole situation look off for each of them. Maybe some reshuffling will improve chemistry and vibe for both.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

I heard Houston is looking for a PF. Blake Griffin for James Harden, who says no? :p
    DeAndre Jordan for Dwight Howard? Bring the hometown boy home!
    Pablo Prigioni & Josh Smith for Ty Lawson & Terrence Jones? Rockets really miss Pablo & Josh.

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey likes 3pt shooting and free throws.

But we don't have players are god at 3pt shooting and free throws.

This is must be kidding???!!!????

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey likes 3pt shooting and free throws.

But we don't have players are good at 3pt shooting and free throws.

This must be kidding???!!!????

Morey is a good manager, but it's really hard to understand why he recruited so many brickers to against his theory living on 3pt shooting.

8. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

the 3 ball game is stupid. morey can pick talent but he needs to let the coach determine game plane.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets just aren't a good team, couldn't get enough stops/rebounds when we needed them.

Lol, remember than Jamal Crawford shot.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Was that their last win here? I can't believe it's been 11 years already. I still remember that. Didn't he bank that in?

If it's any consolation, that was in the midst of that team's dreadful 6-11 start before they turned things around. Let's hope history repeats itself this season.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know if a "mutually beneficial trade" can be made, but Morey needs to make a deal to shake up the roster, in my opinion. The Clips might be a possibility, but any deal Morey attempts now comes from a position of weakness. Perhaps the Clippers are in a similar "state" right now, so I can't criticize your post. Heck, I'd welcome a deal with them that's reasonably fair. Teams know we're desperate. Fair deals may be hard to come by, much less those deals that Morey is famous for, the ones that helped give him such a good reputation around the league.

Morey's job is increasingly coming under pressure from, hell, everyone, and for obvious reasons, in my opinion. Don't think the organization is unaware of how things are looked at on this BBS, or that the podcasts from Clutch and company aren't listened to (or read - thanks, J.R.). Season ticket holders have to be royally pissed off by the teams performance, and they pay a "royal" price for those seats, so I wouldn't blame them a bit for getting more than a bit restless. Everyone in the organization, not just Morey, must be looking over their shoulders at Alexander, wondering when he'll completely lose patience with the team's performance and direction. Les is quite capable of blowing things up if he feels the need. I hope he hangs on to Morey, and that Daryl finds a way out of this mess. If he does, it may end up being his greatest accomplishment as GM. Yes, things are that bad.