1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

Not a chance in hell of losing this game. Knicks are a terrible team.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Sure people's own fans are finicky (although finding a fire pop thread on spurstalk with much support would take a lot of username creation efforts), but the frequency of the fire mchale is quite strong here, and not just from the zerglings. Also other fan bases generally consider mchale lousy, and for good reason, know how many of those fan bases consider pop lousy? However for some reason people don't think Morey would use a coach in the same manner as he uses players.

3. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

That was last year though when he played the pg and led the beautiful uptempo ball movement style of bb. This style is dead now with Lin basically bringing the ball up and dish it either for Harden to do his hero ball or D12 to do post up. Lin seems to be chained this year and can't play the way he used to play last year. Perhaps the coach wants him to do this. When there are two stars demanding touches for personal hero ball, the pg has lost his usefulness in creating offense.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because the best we got was a 5th seed with HC advantage.......correct me.
    We never had 3rd-1st seed.

5. pacmania

pacmania Member

Hall of Fame coaches like Rick Adelman and Popovich have earned their coaching credentials. Mchale never even worked as an assistant coach and had a shady reputation as a general manager and coach in Minnesota.

To even mention Mchale as equivalent to coaches like Adelman, Popovich,JVG and Rudy T is pure idiocy.

6. pacmania

pacmania Member

Someone mentioned it is now 6th seed after the Suns grabbed the 5th seed.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What I meant we never went beyond 4th or 5th place with Yao, Mac, Battier.....
    the best result so to speak

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

If you take away all Lin-related bashing that involve certain agendas, and factor in the growth of this board over the years, I don't see how McHale's treated any worse than our previous coaches towards the end of their tenure here. Rockets fans turn on coaches the moment they lose their "halo" of the success from their previous job.

I visited Spurstalk when we played them on Christmas. There were many scathing comments on his coaching, playing time, defensive schemes, etc. And how he can't beat the contending teams. And the criticism of Adelman in Minnesota's much worse. Adelman's handling of Rubio and Berea would've made him a pariah among LOFs if he still coached here.

9. pacmania

pacmania Member

The fact that criticisms exist among all teams in the NBA doesn't necessarily mean all of them are unfounded. Some are meritorious while others are devoid of merit. The criticisms against Mchale are clearly meritorious only an MOF would refuse to see the obvious.

10. Yellow

Yellow Member

Lose two more and we're out of the playoff picture, losing might not be such a bad thing.

11. ada32

ada32 Member

This is a must win!
    Phoenix and Dallas is breathing behind us!

12. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

I think you hit the nail on the head. The only way McHale get's fired early is if we slide out of a play-off place. We've had a pretty easy schedule (of ranked opponents) but after the next few games it going to get a lot harder. We could be out of play-off seeding by the end of the month and hopefully McHale wont be coaching the Rox after the All-Star break. After that we can recover to get a play-off birth and compete without a coaching deficit.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Let me let you in on a little secret. Sometimes the fans are right. That right! shocking isn't it sometimes the fans complaining are actually complaining for a reason. The way you can tell this is to ask yourself has the coach proven himself and what is our record compared to what our talent level? We have the same amount of loses as the 8th seed and we were in 5th at the beginning of the 2012 season, how long did that hold? I wouldn't be too happy or secure. Both Dallas and GSW are on winning streaks and Phoenix has won 7 of their last 10,our record is not secure.

We have been playing .500, ball common sense will tell you that we could be in the eighth seed by next week. I know what well coached basketball looks like and this ain't it. Hardens iso's happen out of timeouts what does that mean to you? No one seems to know how to defend screens. If you put a little pressure on the rockets and deny the paint, they lose their lead. Houston takes a lot of contested shots. We do these things against bad teams, which means most of them aren't even top 15 at defense. Yet they manage to get critical stops against us, that is not just dumb luck, that should tell you something.

Everything I mentioned are all things a coach's strategy is suppose to prevent especially given our talent level. Their are teams with much less talent who are now equal and climbing above us in the standings even with injuries and b2b's because they have injuries and b2b's also. So what does that tell you?

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You need accept losing. I almost converted into a PHX fan but no, ride or die.

I don't see a lot of sugarcoaters lately. They know who I'm talking about. The trap game, hard schedule, injuries, we simply missed shots ... all kinds of excuses. Maybe they'll come out after we get this W.

15. pippsux

pippsux Member

My biggest problem with Mchale is every year he had been coach we have lost 6 or 7 in a row. Right now we are not playing well, having player only meetings etc. If Mchale let's this happen with the talent he has now, then he deserves to be fired.

The Knicks are getting melo back, which means he will go for 40, this is a must win game to get back on track.

16. pacmania

pacmania Member

The fans are right about harden isos, they were right about it last year when it caused us a seven game losing streak, they were right about it when we almost got swept by the thunder in the playoffs. Mchale is wrong.

The fans are right about Terrence Jones. Mchale was wrong.

The fans are right about the importance of good coaching in this era of zone defenses.

Mchale was wrong about a lot of things in his shady career as a coach and general manager , the timberwolves fans had to invent the term "Mcfail".

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Your right, TJ was ready to be a starter last year. Everyone knew that but Mchale.

18. pacmania

pacmania Member

Many fans are probably right about Dmo's potential as well. With the right coach that is.

19. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Mchale and his short rotations are killing us.

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Morey had his chance to get him this summer, that was a NEED for our team he went with a WANT