1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 1/21/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2004.

1. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

It's only half. Don't set us up.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

That has to be the lowest scoring quarter in history for the knicks

3. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Impressive 2nd quarter run. Yao Ming can produce in limited minutes. Steve Francis has also found his shooting touch. Mo Taylor was awesome.:eek: Boki and MJ can contribute too!

4. oliver_67

oliver_67 Member

Wow, I love MJ. That first pass to Yao was sick. I am not sure that SF will ever give that kind of pass in his lifetime. I hope that MJ can play for several years as backup PG for Houston. When he is on the court, our offensive flow looks much more fluid and impressive.

5. ckahlich001

ckahlich001 Member

2nd quarter magic!!!!!!!!!

NYC - 9pts
    Hou - 31pts

ho
    lee
    crrrrrrapthatwasawesome

i hope all you mark jackson bashers are now being converted to mark jackson love

did you see that post? did you see the ball handling skills?
    the new lineup? did you see those two bounce pass assists to yao and JJ? did you see everyone else trying to get pass savvy once mark was in the game? did you see the twinkle in cat's eyes when mark made that post hook?

im going pad me undies with TP so i can be ready for the second half. MAN THIS GAME IS EXCITING!

6. jelanit

jelanit Contributing Member

once the team gets used to MJ's passes, i believe we will have a dangerous team on our hands

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Mark Jackson - Roger Clemens

Houston's new senior citizen saviors!

8. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I'm lovin' watching Mack Jackson out there. That little post up hook in the paint was kinda sweet.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

2nd game in a row.... this team looks much better w/out Cato out there.

We might just need to reserve him for the big physical/atheltic PF's out there... and let MO-T run the show when they need offense.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Am I sensing a new, fresh, sweet excitement on this board??!! I can't see or hear the game, frustrating. So MJ made some "solid" passes? Could he be a "make a difference" guy? Could he be the Roger Clemons of the Rockets, one or two more good years? Tell me it is true!

11. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Anyone else notice ever since Mark Jackson came into the game, the entire team seems to pass the ball more, even when he's not on the court.

12. user

user Member

If only he passes to Yao who has a little bit higher FG%.

13. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

can't watch the game till later, can one of you blind hypocritical nutjobs explain this, as it came up on the Yahoo scoreboard

8:18 HOU - Y. Ming makes shot. Assist: C. Mobley

14. haven

haven Member

Ok, there is now no doubt, whatsoever, that Francis and MObley are selfish.

Francis = selfish. Bench him or trade him.

Mobley = selfish. Bench him or trade him.

Yao is better than either. They both resent it. They both take stupid, fade away, bonehead shots when Yao is open.

They suck. Get rid of them. My patience is exhausted.

Yao is using Mutombo. Francis cares more about showing up Marbury than winning.

Screw them both. They can rot in lottery-land for all eternity on the Wizards (or somewhere).

15. daburone

daburone Member

What's going on with JJ? He's really stepped up in the last month. Has anyone noticed a change in his game? What's the deal?

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yao-gushing is BACK!!!

This is the first time all year I've heard... "We're watching the future... he's gonna change the way big men play the game."

We heard this when Yao first broke out last year... and then he hit the wall.

This is why I love Walton... only when our big men are dominant.

17. oliver_67

oliver_67 Member

Wow, I wish that Bill Walton can be the commentator for each Rockets game! He sure knows how to kiss Yao's you know what, and Yao sure knows how to back up his compliment!

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

How crass! I am reluctant to respond to you, Sir, because you are obviously drinking heavily. However, in a gesture of good faith, I will point out the obvious. It is clearly a miracle of Biblical proportions! ;)

19. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

It seems you are really a hata. :D

But JVG is really unfair. If Yao can be benched if he didn't play aggressively in the past 2 or 3 games, why can't he bench Steve/Cat if they didn't share the ball well at least half of the games played this season?:rolleyes:

20. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Umm. Yea, we are winning by like 15 points. I could care less if Cato runs the point and we win ;)