1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 1/19/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Go at Amare. Get him in foul trouble. Rockets win.

2. everyday eddie

Status on Patterson for tonight?

3. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Chuck vs. Amare

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B6f5Uyu6Dv4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B6f5Uyu6Dv4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

We should look out for Martins defense... Fields is shooting 52% from the field... Get it?

If Battier struggles defensively against Chandler (averaging 18/6 on 48% shooting) I'm curious to see how Rick handles his rotation. I would like to see some Lee or Williams on him because of their defense AND offense to try and tire him out.

4. BasketballMind

His agent mentioned only sitting out the Bucks game as a precaution.
    He should be playing tonight.

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

great video. looking forward to Houston playing well tonight and hopefully taking 4 out of 5 games. Its too bad about the last week or two before, because this team was SO good enough to pull out a few of those games.

ah well, if we win tonight it'll show that #11 in the West is again better than a #6 in the East....

GO ROCKETS!!!

6. delta69er

delta69er Member

Somehow I can see Wilson Chandler going off on us...

7. BasketballMind

And all he needs is one good dribble towards the basket...

It will all depend on how well the rockets rotate on defense.

8. Chi Guy

Chi Guy Member

Oh I'm still a Bulls fan, I'd have to be crazy to give up on them now especially after years of not having an All-Star(let alone a franchise player). I'm just choosing to follow both the Bulls and Rockets.

Lots of reasons actually. A few years ago(when I was just starting to get into basketball), one of my best friends was a big T-Mac fan and he kind of convinced me into being one. Then I became a fan of Yao also and always rooted for Houston come playoff time. I always liked Houston's logo and jerseys too by the way. For some odd reason I knew Brooks was going to be a good player, even though I watched very little of him in college. So I was a small fan of his. Then came this year when the Bulls and Rockets played each other and Scola was such a pest against my Bulls, but I admired his play. Anyway, the ongoing talk regarding the Bulls is what they're going to do about the starting SG spot(because Bogans is horrible and most believe Brewer/Korver aren't well-rounded enough). So obviously plenty of names have been thrown around and Courtney Lee was one of them. I didn't know much about him, so I decided to check out a few games to see how he good he is. He's better than I thought, and I was also impressed by Patterson and Lowry(and just recently, Hayes). I figured since I liked all that stuff about this team already, and now that I'm able to actually watch the games, why not just finally become a fan? So I did.

Sorry for the long post.

2 people like this.
  9. gah

gah Member

1 person likes this.
  10. EjrRocket11

EjrRocket11 Member

really hope the chuckwagon shuts down Amare tonight and we should be fine :grin: we need to show em whos house this is! these homecourt losses are unacceptable :mad:

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Going to the game :grin:

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

going for 3 out of 5 or 4 out of 6.

again, the East is strong this year.

13. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

My sign for tonight

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Rockets_4_life

If only we we're in position to actually do that.... sigh.

15. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I want to rock this t... except on the back it would have a picture of Dork Elvis with the caption, "ROLMFAO."

[​IMG]

16. albuster

albuster Member

When the Rockets play defense they win.

17. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

keep your head up. We're only 3 games behind them and halfway through the season. We could make a great trade, Stoud could get hurt, or we just play better than them for the remainder of the season and we might have a chance to take their pick. We've got 40 games left and they've got 42. A LOT can happen.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

True, but unless they have an EPIC meltdown and fall out of the playoffs in the east, its still not going to be that great of a pick even if we end up with a better record.

Damn the abyssmal eastern conference and thir terrible terrible teams.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

It's strange, because the East has more contenders with the Heat, Magic, Bulls(IMO), Celtics whereas the West only has the Lakers and Spurs and maybe the Mavs. But yeah, after maybe the 6th seed the East is awful. In fact, we would have gotten the 7th or 8th seed last year had we been in the East(assuming we had the same record).

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

However, the West has about 6 more teams that are 1 tier below the contenders, while the East only has 2 more teams that 1 tier below the contenders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.