1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 12/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I cut him some slack, 34 years old, playing tons of minutes, veteran premium defender on a team with slacking Defense.....

BigShasta likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, at least the game was more fun to watch than that disgusting Texans game. Our defense was bad, but not near as bad as the Texans. We gave that game away in the first quarter.

Gotta love Tucker's effort. Wow, 19 rebounds is pure giving it his all. I'm loving Westbrook finally getting his offense going. Who would have ever expected him to have a higher FG and 3pt % than James the last 2 games? Not me.

Defenses and turnovers are killing us. James's 3 turnovers in 3 1/2 minutes towards the end of the 4th quarter just killed us. Just when I thought we had won with that beautiful left handed pass from Westbrook for a 3 at the end my bubble was burst. I had to admire that winning shot though. Oh well, I have more hope for our offense now at least with Westbrook finally playing better. Now we just have to fix this defense....fast.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Might come back to haunt them. Too early to tell, it's really more about who we play and who are the possible teams we can face in seeding.

It's just way too early to know if this was good or bad. For all we know, having the 2nd or 3rd seed could be tricky because of a surging Portland team or maybe a team like the Mavs or something suffer injuries and drop despite being better than their record.

It's so tough in the west since 1-3 games will decide probably all 7 other seeds (Lakers will be #1) it means some teams will probably be a lot better than their record.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

For everyone who's gonna get mad at PJ, there is no one more mad at him than himself, so yall gotta chill. Everyone makes mistakes.

#724 HP3, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What's even worse about this loss is MDA FINALLY came up with a counter to the doubling defense. Russ got 2 or 3 straight line layups because of a tiny change he made in the 4th.

Hopefully that play continues to work in the future.

6. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

This is the time to build a difference...not lose winnable games and fall down further. One thing I am concerned about is that after that Hawks team we beat bad, team has been struggling to beat these lesser opponents. Harden is playing 40 mpg just to win games vs these teams, just won't work. The doubling shouldn't be hurting our defense???

Houstunna likes this.
  7. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I don't mean the last play in particular, he looked extremely sluggish & lifeless almost the entirety of the 4th qtr. Just slowly running into stationary defenders, unable to create space with his dribbles, throwing the ball away after minor contact. I've gotten used to it because that's just how Harden is at certain times but yeah he had an awful 5 min stretch at the end there.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

19 rebounds tonight. He worked his butt off.

kevtse, BaselineFade, Blurr#7 and 4 others like this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets turnovers kept it closer than necessary, and Kings good 3-shooters shot well from 3, including the final one.

Rockets defense is usually subpar, so that's always a potential factor.

deb4rockets and tinman like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

KINGS ARE TALKING **** HAAAAAAAA
    Yall better mark the dates ........

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree some of those TO's in winning time were inexcusable. Especially when Russ is a walking TO.

Dopamine likes this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Barnes did cut to the basket but I agree. Road teams pretty much always go for the win anyway.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What did they say?

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Os Trigonum, smp and JayGoogle like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The only teams that scare me are the teams that spam 3's like the Kings and Nets. Even with this demoralizing loss I still think the Rockets can beat the best in the West.

Save this post for later.

JayGoogle and Houstunna like this.
  16. JackLordsHair66

PJ blew that game man hard to think he was the one that f'ed up, gotta say Russ played well tonight if he plays like that every game i
    Yeah but it NEVER gets fixed especially wig Harden he turns the damn ball over in critical situations a lot !! This isn’t a one tile thing it’s a regular occurrence and frankly it’s why he gets hammered by the media and rightly so.

bj3175 likes this.
  17. bro2044

bro2044 Member

It makes total sense that we'd lose a 2OT game (bs) to the Spurs, then beat Raptors in Toronto, then lose to the King's on a last second shot.

gdmt I'm still so pissed.

Houstunna likes this.
  18. amaru

amaru Member

Even great defensive players make mistakes, but that was definitely all on him.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

uhhgg. I'm for real taking a sabbatical from sports Tv and sports social media. 3 weeks will do it..

[​IMG]

20. HP3

HP3 Member

They were attacking Capela so many times, Macelmore for how good hes been, cannot stay in front of guys, it sucks.