1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 1/13/2012 (Return of Chuck Hayes)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think the teams should have something other than the record at stake for this game.

If we win, the Kings give us Chuck Hayes back.
    If we lose, the Kings can have Sammy D back.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who cares what he does to a mere Johnson.

3. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

98-95, Rockets

I'm watching Lowry for 10+ assists, Parsons for 2+ steals, and Martin to take 7+ FTs tonight.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Quick traffic report. Lots of crap going on near discovery green due to Olympic Trials. And the usual construction.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Usually, it's you.

6. valorita

valorita Member

Today's keys to winning:

-Pack the paint. Other than Jimmer, they really don't have too many long range bombers. Evans and Cousins do most of their work inside but are suspect shooters at best. We will challenge them to beat us from the outside.

-Get into DeMarcus' head. He's still a young player that is highly volatile. If we double hard on some plays or give hard fouls or put him into early foul trouble, he will do the rest by taking himself out of the game mentally. He's the only one on their roster that can give us a legitimate headache. Fortunately, Dalembert probably knows his former teams' tendencies.

-Ride the hot hand. If Kmart or Scola gets hot at any point, milk it for all it's worth. Scola has had hot quarters. Don't bother saving him or trying to fit your rotation, because we've seen that Scola will get gassed in the 4th quarter and Martin is pretty much a non-contributor in cruch time. So, use Scola and Martin heavily for the first 3 quarters. You have a perfectly good back up in Patterson and others who have better D than the veterans so utilize that. Don't sit Martin down when he scores like 10 points in 2 min as I've seen before.

-Play hard and the right way to show what Chuck is missing!

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I have a feeling we'll lose. Usually selfish ass scrubs like Tyreke goes off on us. Plus Cousins will dominate if McHale puts Scola on him in crunch time again.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am dying to see the video tribute. Any chance it will be posted somewhere?

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Doug Collins employed this very tactic just days ago when the Sixers thrashed the Kings by nearly 30 pts at home. At one point, Tony Battie bear-hugged Cousins under the basket and tossed him to the floor like a rag doll. Surprisingly, Cousins popped right up w/o saying a word but the incident clearly messed w/ his psyche and confidence. Rather than lashing out and running his mouth, he completely checked out.

Look for 2Pat to get extended minutes tonight, considering he's very familiar w/ Cousins and is probably best suited to handle him in the paint. He's averaging close to 20 MPG, but hasn't gotten any burn in each of the last 2 games (his minutes have steadily declined under McHale as the season's progressed). I think he'll get around 24 minutes tonight, and possibly record a double-double... maybe a 12-8 or 10-8 game.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

:confused: That doesn't sound right.

11. TMac&Cheese

TMac&Cheese Rookie

While I think Chuck is overrated on this board we need to give him a big standing O. Spread the word...

12. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Oops, my bad.

I pulled up his ESPN game log and was reading it backwards. He didn't play in the FIRST 2 games of the season & his minutes have steadily increased as the season's progressed.

Either way, good chance he approaches 30 min tonight and records his first double-double of the young season.

13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Jimmer will become the next young Rocket's Killer, or a Missile Defense System if you wish...

111 Sacramento, 103 Houston. Jimmer scores 20 pts.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't see Chuck anywhere.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

F that.

Keys to losing.

-Play Scola at center LOTS and LOTS
    -If game is close, go to Martin.
    -Let Martin check Evans. Especially in the 4th

2 people like this.
  16. ashleyem