1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/29/2008 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clutch11

clutch11 Member

Blowout for Rockets. :D

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

probably. and it will be probably chinise channel because no one is streaming nbatv

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

The Rockets defied the odds too much this year for the season to end in a 4-1 first round loss. I think they'll win tonight and I like their chances in Utah.

4. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

We simply cannot allow the Hawks to have more playoff wins against Boston than we do against the Jazz. Please protect your home floor Rockets, do not let these guys end it here.

5. diehardrockets

I had a dream last night that within the last couple of seconds of the game, the score was 91-82 Rockets winning... Hope that dream comes true :D

6. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

*Knock On wood*

7. ying861020

ying861020 Member

Rockets Win

97:91

[​IMG]

8. ibm

ibm Member

word.

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

LOL! Where is that from? :D

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

One Game.

One Mission.

One Win.

Let's Do It For Yao

11. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

what channel is the game on? its not listed on TNT,ESPN,MY20,FSN?!?

12. bigben69

bigben69 Member

NBATV sucks if you are like me and not in houston and your cable does not offer nbatv......

13. battousai

battousai Member

this was from a gatorale commerical.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

If you want to look at predictions not only for this game, but the rest of the series, Bill Simmons of ESPN responded to one of my Rockets-related questions in his chat today. (Excuse the grammar) :D

Nick (Colorado): Hey Bill, Do you see the Rockets beating the Jazz tonight and in a game 6 in Utah. I have a feeling that the Rockets can take both. Game 6 will have all the pressure on Utah, and I think the Rockets can capitalize on being the "underdog" as they did in game 3. T'mac's knee is a concern, but I think he's coming to play.

Bill Simmons: (12:22 PM ET ) Very strange series - now that Rafer's back and Landry is giving them something, those teams are much closer than I thought. I think Houston wins tonight and I wouldn't be shocked to see them win Game 6. Utah lost a little luster for me not putting the Rockets away in Game 3 - title teams have to take care of business and they didn't. On the flip side, the Lakers are a great example of a contender taking care of business - that's how you do it. I was really impressed by them.

Maybe our season won't end in Utah...

Cod

15. ASTROnomical

ASTROnomical Member

anybody hear lamar odom's gay comment last night after the game???? :mad:

he said they need to execute better if they are going to beat the jazz in utah...

something tells me hes going to be eating more than his words once the rox beat that jizzhole tonight...and then again and again lol

16. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Yeah seriously the Lakers took care of business.

The Jazz had to have Rafer AND Yao missing to beat us at home and then when Rafer came back we won game 3 IN THEIR HOUSE and then we ALMOST took game 4. If we win tonight, no it doesn't matter if we lose in Utah, this series was not impressive at all.

I hope (if Utah advances) they get swept by the Lakers.

17. ASTROnomical

ASTROnomical Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

hey this is some good referee skills i must say...tsk tsk shame on those r****ded refs and on the nba for hiring them

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Except McGrady would add six zeroes behind the 22 and say "that is my average salary over the next two seasons. wtf do I care?"

19. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

If we win in Houston, we'LL lose in SLC...

20. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

David Justice's article today hit all the right spots.

"We're not very good when we only pass the ball once on a possession," Shane Battier said. "We don't have good enough players to efficiently and effectively score against good teams with one or zero passes. We've shown that when we move the ball, we can be a very good offensive team."

Move the ball. Move your body. Use your quickness, get easier looks.

Our offense has been tentative, we've slowed it down so much that we let them lean on us (T-mac). Tracy needs to get the ball and make his move, don't let them sit on you and start backing them down like the Sir Charles use to.

Cut and finish. If you pick and roll, pick man needs to go to the basket, go to the hole and force the defense to react, collapse, shoot or kick out for an easier shot. Scola has that mid-range jumper all day and he can hit that.

Can't be playing this one on one basketball. Kenny Smith on TNT last night made a great comment on shot selection. He commented on JR Smith and how his shot selection was terrible, but since he was hitting those long bombs he kept shooting it. Bad shots eventually catch up with you.

Good shot selections will catch up as well, even if you're missing them.

Defensively, they're doing the right things, we started overplaying the pick and roll and forcing Deron to give up the ball, which is great. Rotation and help has been solid, people checking on cutters and getting back on their assignments.

Last game, Bobby was walking the line with Korver on defense though, he got too many open looks. Need to watch that.

Our lack of offense has been what's killing us, if we can put it together it can be done. I've been waiting for one of those Tracy go crazy games, but I think with his body at this stage it's less likely, but maybe those shots will help. They need to shoot up his whole body so he won't feel tired.

Go Rox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.