1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/24/2019 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I was going to ask if anyone thought this was a must-win game tonight. It's obviously not, on paper, but I want zero part of a Game 6 in Utah, or the absolutely ridiculous hype machine that will get rolling at places like the Worldwide Leader about "Are the Rockets this year's 2004 Yankees?" "Westbrook washed out of the playoffs; is it his former teammate's turn?" Ad infinitum...

I think they'll win tonight. I don't want to see Capela anywhere near the arena if he's sick with bacterial pneumonia. Any word if the Rockets are getting Foster'd tonight?

BigShasta and Hakeemtheking like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Is Scott Foster a ref for tonight as everyone expects?

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Today is the day!

Harden and the Rockets will inflict incalculable carnage upon the Jazz, like the Night King and the wights upon the poor souls of the North. Yeah!!!

BigShasta likes this.
  4. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

We might not get that far.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's a must win if the Rockets wanna have any shot in the next round against the Warriors. I still think they'll win this series regardless of what happens tonight, but if this goes 7 because they drop the ball at home in Game 5, then kiss the WCF goodbye. They'll be exhausted in the Semifinals against a (presumably) well rested Golden State team.

Ironically, the Rockets would be doing to themselves what the Jazz did in 1994. They had the Nuggets down 0-3 in the Semifinals while the Rockets were slugging it out with the Suns in the "Choke City" series. Utah instead of finishing Denver off in 4 or 5 games, let that sucker go the full 7. That took away their chance to rest and they wound up falling in 5 to the Rockets(including 2 very close losses in Games 2 and 4) in the WCF.

Houstunna and BigShasta like this.
  6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Win or 7. Get it done

J Sizzle likes this.
  7. AB423

AB423 Member

-8 Rockets, this one is gonna get ugly..

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

dwood21, Deuce and BigShasta like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nick_713 likes this.
  10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

It makes sense that G4 went the way it did, but it still frustrates the hell out of me. Sweeping a team is REALLY difficult, and a mix of us at our worst in Q1&2 + along w/ about 20pts spotted by refs for UTA really set a tone. Utah may have played harder, but they got a LOT of calls that we weren't in the first half, and were being rewarded for flopping on at least 4 occasions. Rockets only played well in the 3rd, and 2nd half the officiating was much more balanced.... we just failed.

Tonight will absolutely be different, and our bench will put up more than 5 measly points. I hope Capela is feeling better, because we need him big time.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Utah got a lot of favorable calls. But they also made some crazy shots early on. Rubio banked in a three for chrissakes. Couple that with the Rockets playing very little defense in the first quarter and that spotted the Jazz a lead. Just play hard at both ends from the opening tip tonight and they'll be fine.

12. showa13

showa13 Member

Excited for the game tonight. But lord the current mood in the GARM is why I don’t post here much. We lose one game to a Jazz team that isn’t as bad as they’ve been playing and you’d think we’re the team down 3-1. We are ok, y’all are acting like we don’t deserve to be in the playoffs, let’s all chill a little and realize we are going to be fine.

Voltik, BeBreezy, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

welcome to cf's. try not to pay attention to those. there's quite a bit that hide and pop right out and try to be as loud as possible when a loss comes along. even when they have to wait 4 games. its generally the same one's who are no where to be found during the first 3 games

Reeko and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. RyanB

RyanB Member

Gentleman sweep

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I don't trust James FRAUDEN

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm worried about this game if Clint is not right. We had nothing in the paint last game.

Handles likes this.
  17. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’d feel pretty good about the Jazz covering that if Clint is not right

AB423 likes this.
  19. AB423

AB423 Member

Same here but I think Vegas factors that in and that line is showing me that Clint is healthy. I hope.. :rolleyes:

BigShasta and J Sizzle like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

there are many frontrunning, weak minded people on here always providing their stupid thoughts and low IQ analysis only when the Rockets lose