1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/1/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

T-Mac needs to stop passing so much and takeover the game, that's the problem with him now, he is so unselfish that now we rely on guys like Rafer and Juwan to make shots. That defeats the purpose of having someone as explosive as McGrady on the court.

2. robywang

robywang Member

maybe he is forced to pass so much because he knows he is not as explosive as he used to be any more?

3. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

for sure, got it off in time.... woulda counted as a 2 pointer though lol.. He had one foot inside the line, and the other mightve been ON the line. Less of a heartbreaker that it didnt go in.

4. pdiddy

pdiddy Contributing Member

April Fools!!! Right?? You got to do better than that. ;)

5. rocketsmetalspd

Spurs and Mavs loose I am happy.

6. manhore

manhore Member

I don't quite understand the Rafer play myself. NOONE in the Rox was doing anything offensively including McGrady. The only Rox that was doing anything was Yao, but lo and behold, the game deciding play did not have Yao as an option, but just as a screener?!! The most DOMINANT player in the game is reduced to being a screener on the game deciding play?!! That's not Rafer's fault, but a coaching decision that's really misguided. I don't think we would see so much outrage in this board if we had Yao take that shot. Make or miss, at least we know we went down with the best option we have.

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I give you Deke , Luther, and Jho and Bonzi. The rest are trash.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He needs to know when to takeover. Setting up Yao early on is fine. Especially against a team like Utah that has no way of stopping him.

But he needs to understand when it's time for him to pick it up offensively. Kobe and Shaq for all their troubles off the court had that kind of chemistry.

And he needs to stop shying away from contact! I can't count how many times tonight when he had a chance to go all the way to the hoop and didn't.

9. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

We missed 7 free throws. That's where we lost the game. I wanted to see someone other than McGrady take the last shot. That was so predictable, and he couldn't get off a good shot. I really wish Rafer would not have taken that 3. Yes, he was wide open, but he shot HORRIBLY tonight. The Jazz were in the penalty halfway into the 4th quarter, and we didn't take advantage of it. We should've gone to the basket every single possession.

We have 8 games left. Time is running out... :(

10. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

You sound like a nagging girlfriend in a relationship... Who wants one of these????

11. YugoRocketsFan

April fools?

That is not a joke.

12. robywang

robywang Member

I find one thing about TMac kind of disappointing is, so many times, he appears to try to fake a shot by pulling up his arms, but that's it, no follow-up jumping or shooting, just simply passing the ball out. If he wants to draw a shooting foul, why not finish the action? :confused: :confused: :confused:

13. jordan_123

jordan_123 Member

hahaha i like that.everyone is getting off the tracy mcgrady bandwagon..he'll be back mark my words,he'll be back better than ever,sure he is not shooting well this couple of games but i believe in him,i believe in his greatness,i still think that the rockets will win the championship.i know a lot of you will say that i'm crazy after this game but hey it's the team i'm supporting and i will never ever lose the belief that we can win it all this year.t-mac will be back ,ain'tnobody hoping back on this train because when all is said and done we'll win it all..
    i belive in them

14. robywang

robywang Member

You got any logic in your mind?
    I was replying to an earlier post about what Rafer could do instead of shooting the 3-pt.

15. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

Jazz Loss Should Was Not Too Bad!!!

Guys look at it this way the JAZZ gave us all they have, and we played one of our worst games missing Head and Bonzi and we still lost by only 3. I was very upset with the loss, but they are not Dallas, Phoenix or San Antonio we can beat them with a full squad and smarter plays.

Most of the first quarter it was only Yao scoring, every one else was 0 for 20 or so, and we still managed to get up and beat them, especially after timeouts and half time. Our problem is that our bench is not very supportive, when the starters are bad the bench is also bad, we do not get any relief from the bench but it is too late to talk about this now, lets keep our head up and hope for the best.

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Jazz won though...

17. pdiddy

pdiddy Contributing Member

Sure it is. You are not going to get me with the April Fools joke.

Rafer is the best we have right now to run the PG. Deal with it. It will probably be an emphasis in the offseason to upgrade that position, but right now we need to hope that he plays the best he can play the rest of these games and into the playoffs.

18. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

I got up early as 5 am in Beijing time in the morning for this game, how sad I am for this loose.
    The offense of rox is in trouble, but I don't think we should blame Rafer for the loose, if he made that 3pts and we won, he should be our hero now.
    Forget about this game, at least it teaches us that Utah is a decent team, not that easy to be beaten, so we will be more careful in the playoffs.

19. johnrox

johnrox Member

rox didn't play one of their worst games

and this is the funny part, when yao was out, rox lost because yao wasn't in. ok, that is pretty defensable. now other excuses pop up, NOW, rox don't have their whole bench, so it's ok, one game guys, tis only a scratch!

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i dont think he watches basketball other than the TNT games