1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 4/1/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 31, 2007.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Member

alston 1 - 7 in threes. i dont understand when he has terrible shooting nights -he keep shooting? we really missed luther. Alston is not a substitute for luther's shooting.

2. Amel

Amel Member

I said it last game and before, and I was attacked....Mac really needs to get his act together, JVG needs to find a solution at PG, Rafer does not bring us anything positive besides ballhandling

you have someone like Mac playing bad, we need someone else to hit the three, and sureay Rafer can't do it, but again thats not his fault, he is being pushed by JVG to do that

3. johnrox

johnrox Member

i thought about novak, but... wasn't going to happen

4. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

WHERe THE &**&(&^ IS BONZI???

Our Bench gave almost NOTHING for the past 3 games, and now you are telling me BONZI the 3rd BEST Scorer is off because "THE COACH HAVE BAD RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE PLAYER". JVG you cant play our starters all the time, look at Juwon, Deke, and even Rafer... They are TIReD and your rotation sucks. SO BRING IN BONZI AND EVEN NOVAK to play a bit minutes to give our stars some breather...

GOD.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

oh.......it must be b/c of clutchfans. of course crowd noise can bother a player...what people say should not bother him

6. count_dough-ku

No kidding. We were in the penalty with more than half the 4th quarter left and we refused to attack the hoop. Either the Rockets are undisciplined offensively or they're afraid of contact. Either way, that won't get it done.

7. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Member

they're both on the inactive roster.... placed there by JVG

8. thadeus

thadeus Member

GODDAMNIT RAFER, GODDAMNIT.

9. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

i dont care about my jerseys

i have 2 yao

1 red rocket
    1 red throwbcak

2 mcgrady
    1 red rocket
    1 white athentic one
    and another one i bought for liike 10 dollars...the one i cut..

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

JVG's stubborness and dogmatic approach may ultimately cost the Rockets a realistic shot at getting deep in the playoffs.

I admire how hard the team plays, but JVG should be able to get along better with his players....sometimes they have spats, and it seems that JVG just tosses em in the doghouse for a while, sometimes never to get out.

Players in JVG's doghouse this year.

Bonzi
    V-Span
    Snyder
    JL3

JVG could really use some better management techniques.

DD

11. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

Come on guys, cheer up.. We still have one more game to revenge in Utah..and then beat them up in the playoff..

12. Rox4Life

Rox4Life Member

All blame to the Rafer.

He should have looked for Yao more at the end of the game.

Blah, blah, blah... WE BLEW IT!

13. jojobabbu

jojobabbu Member

THE TEXANS SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED VINCE YOUNG!!!

sorry.....i had to

14. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

give me one then. ****.

15. ubigred

ubigred Member

really? who is there to play ? who?

16. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Imagine this:

Situation 1 (what happened):
    under 10 seconds left, ball is being passes around, we are down by 2... Rafer has a wide open 3, shoots but misses.

Situation 2 (what could've happened, and if it did, would be getting burned on this forum worse then he is now):
    under 10 seconds left, ball is being passed around, Rafer is open for 3 with 8 seconds left, dribbles it in, passes it out to Battier with a defender on him/causes a turnover/a charging foul on Rafer.

If that happened, we'd be like, WTF RAFER, WIDE OPEN, SHOOT THE DAMN BALL . AT THIS POINT TAKE ANY OPEN SHOT YOU CAN GET! DAMN IT! RAFER SUCKS! JVG SUCKS FOR NOT REALIZING RAFER SUCKS!

Come on, Kids.... calm down.

17. rocketsmetalspd

The Rockets must get over this game quick and get ready for Golden State and Blazers.

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

why does rafer shoot so many threes? i dont get it?

19. Man

Man Member

Probably repeating what other people have said, but we should have won this game. We had it in the bag!

Umm, the last play, Rafer shouldn't have shot it. Maybe JVG should have called a timeout, but he probably didn't think Rafer would have randomly decided to jack it up. Of course, if Rafer made it, we'd all be happy. However, I'm pretty sure I saw Yao rolling to the basket with a good opportunity to score...and we were only down by 2.....but we should have been up anyways. Gordan Giricek was shooting lights out on Snyder, and that shouldn't have happened. A lot of rebounds flew right over Yao, and I'm wondering if he can get those.....cuz it happened frequently.

We shoulda had this one.

20. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

You hear the noise, you THINK about what people say.