1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 12/1/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2012.

1. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

What's wrong with his shirt? Just looks like an ordinary checkered button-up. :confused:

3. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Nothing haha. Its great, nice and humble. But its so Lin though compared to like other NBA guys.

4. yunac010

yunac010 Member

It is kinda boring, but at least he isn't dressed like Russell Westbrook. :grin:

5. soupman

soupman Member

If Greg Smith develops a reliable jump shot he will be a beast off the bench backing up the 4 and 5.

6. coach41

coach41 Member

Hold That Thought

Haven't had much time to read the forum but saw this comment. Golden State is now 10-6 with a win over the Pacers tonight. I'm from the Bay Area and the Warriors are tougher than you would expect.

Even without Bogut, the team has a solid front court. Lee and Landry form an interesting combo but rookie center Ezeli and even struggling Andris Biendrins is giving them minutes.

A match up of the Rockets vs the Warriors will be interesting (though we'll have to wait until 2013) because of the perimeter players. Curry vs Lin at the PG, Harden vs Thompson at the SG, and Parsons vs Barnes at the SF spot.

The Warriors are actually playing some decent defense though I would love it if the Rockets and Warriors go into a run and gun game. I'm especially curious how Lin and Curry match up. On paper, Curry is probably the better offensive player. Lin may be the better defender.

When the Knicks played the Warriors last year, Lin was just a bench warmer. So Lin has never played Curry in a live game. As a Warriors fan and a Lin supporter, I am curious how the two guys will match up. The Warriors do have a good backup PG in Jarrett Jack vs Toney Douglas. If Lin goes off, I'm sure Jack will take his shot at defending Lin.

7. just a word

just a word Member

Totally agreed. Actually I'm sort of concerned for Asik's, and especially Harden's and Parson's minutes as well, which is why I didn't really mind Sampson letting the bench play a little against the Jazz's starters to rest up Lin and Harden a bit more.

I have a suspicion that because Parsons can do a bit of everything that the coaches use him to shore up the holes that the bench currently has, being so young... which is why at this point I don't mind Delfino being forced into playmaking duties because if eventually his decision making gets better and faster then perhaps that means that Parsons can get more rest. Or get our bench PFs and Centers to step up their game. (especially since Douglas is at more or less his ceiling)

8. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Now, we're talking about his shirt...what is this world coming to? It seems he wears that shirt alot. Maybe, it's his favorite or "good luck" shirt. Athletes do have their superstitions. Let's just say, he's very understated in his wardrobe style.

9. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Geraldd, you da man! Thank you, I been waiting for this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M2gJLHLEO7o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  10. just a word

just a word Member

What I liked about that vid the most was actually DMo and Asik looking like they were talking about post moves (and maybe defense?). Because if Asik can give some of his defensive knowledge to DMo and if DMo can help Asik out on big men offense, no bad can come of that whatsoever.:grin:

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Could have been Asik teaching offense, and DMo teaching defense. Asik is awesome though. Great game for the gobbler

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yesss

Those Lin drives really look like Linsanity last year... he seems to have a step back that he had lost

13. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Justin Bieber of basketball. Poor Jeremy.

At least he doesn't actually dress like Bieber: http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1441766.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/£££+Justin+Bieber

14. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I noticed he was smiling while walking off the court. He must be good in poker because usually you can't tell by the expression on his face if the team won or lost.

15. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Sure hope Harden doesn't get a flop warning for the late flop.

16. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Is there a clip of the kicked ball?

17. joepu

joepu Member

Now was this really necessary? Only one guy saying that and plenty of Lin fans have already corrected him. If the more zealous fans annoy you, just put them on your ignore list.

18. Lihao

Lihao Member

team ball>>>>>>>>>>>>> hero ball

19. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

20. VanityHalfBlack

Russell Westbrook dressed just like me meaning/ ugly and dork!!!:grin: