1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 11/5/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 5, 2017.

1. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i like this james harden. winning mode james harden.

who gives a **** about stats? who gives a **** about MVP? who gives a **** about all-nba?

RocketWalta likes this.
  2. ill-logic

ill-logic Member

STFU. I'm glad they didn't break a record just to break a record. He got 3-4 attempts and couldn't do it. Let him sit out.

He still has a few more years to do it.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

edit: delete

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

It's cool for a short period of time for some. A LOT of players report suffering from depression, etc. after their playing days are over. It's a high that you can never replicate, and it's a rollercoaster that seems great, but sometimes ain't all it's cracked up to be. The downside for athletes is tough.

For many of us, we may never reach those highs, but we also don't reach those lows, either. I guess it all depends on your perspective.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I kind of hate this tweet.

RocketWalta and donkeypunch like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

He played 35 minutes. The point is for Harden to be fresh and healthy for the post season. We won the game and Harden played his allotted time. I am glad he didn’t play longer.

ak99999, apollo33 and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was hoping pringles would just let harden sit out the 4th quarter. 56 & 13 in just 3 quarters was already a compelling narrative. also why the F did we have so many starters in for most of the 4th with a 30pt lead??

ak99999 and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Dude can't even get a triple double :rolleyes:

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

on tv they had harden accounting for 86 points after 3. so out of the top 100 points scored games ever, only wilt and kobe and harden accounted for 86 points for the whole game (kobe had 2 assists and assisted on 1 three).

but espn's play-by-play has us making 9 3's on harden assists so that would be 91 total points, and 89 through 3. so it would appear that harden after 3 quarters accounted for the 3rd most points ever.

11. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

So whats Hardens PPG now?

12. valorita

valorita Member

#pointsgod

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

How did this game not go past 20 pages??? Can’t wait to watch this crazy performance. So what records did Harden break here? :) Must be at least 5 and close to 10!

BigShasta likes this.
  14. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Uh, no. Not going to shut up. Very intimidating tho dude, gotta hand it to you.

The fact he was one point away is what makes it ridiculous. At least give him until the quarter is half over. You don't know if he'll get that close again. Don't agree with the decision, period. Could have put an amazing exclamation point on a great win. You give him a couple more minutes there.

Dopamine likes this.
  15. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

what about his 53-17-16 game? at minimum that's 87 points. and i'm positive we got multiple 3's off his assists.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

At the end of 3rd qtr, 2 point away from recording a career high in points, the beard chose to pass to Nene for and 1 because he knew the Jazz defense thought for sure he was going to go for it. That put a big smile on him. And of course he got the career night in the next play where he had to score. Kudos all around to the beard.

17. macan

macan Member

let's pray for luc's knee

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Don't these threads not go very long when the Rockets coast to a win? What is there to complain about?

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

@Dr of Dunk did you name yourself after Darrell Griffith? They mentioned the Doctor of Dunk on the broadcast tonight. I'd never heard of the guy.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

sorry, when i said "kobe and wilt and harden" i was referring to the 53/17 game as being ahead of this game, but i now see that looks confusing. that game was 95 points and is second all-time. tonight's 91 is 3rd.

tmactoyao likes this.