1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 10/26/05

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Oct 26, 2005.

1. kountzer

kountzer Member

I thought maybe he was at the world series, then I some him near the rockets huddle in street warm-ups. I guess maybe he has a slight injury.

~ Kountzer ~

2. DaDa

DaDa Contributing Member

McGrady had tendinitis in both knees last night, but he'll be expected to play tonight.

3. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Looking at the boxscore... few things come to notice:

Rafer with 5 TOs 3Ast but 8 rebs
    Yao with only 1 foul in 31 mins and 3 blocks

Is this the first time Yao has played his normal minutes with only 1 foul?

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I gotta get me one of these sweet jerseys. They got the old red and gold

5. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

After looking at the highlights, maybe Yao will lead the team in dunks after all.

6. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Well Back to the GARM ... GO Rockets!

7. Little O

Little O Contributing Member

Did you here that on the broadcast last night, not in Houston here in South Carolina, so until League Pass on Dish Network starts showing all the Rockets game. I gotta wait.

The recap on Rockets.com says otherwise. Which sucks big time as I really wanted to see this team play as a unit for once.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Game_Recap_1026-155147-822.html

8. user

user Member

He shoot horribly. If reduce the dunks he made (5?), he was like 2/12 in FG. What's wrong with him? Without T-Mac, too much double teams that he couldn't handle?

9. Nautic

Nautic Member

If reducing the dunks he makes, Shaq probabally would be shooting like 0/20.

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

You mean Queens, he went to Cardoza HS.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Ya thanks....I always get confused thinking that Bayside is in Brooklyn....I guess b/c Brooklyn is the one actually surrounded by a bay....oh well, outside Manhattan all the boroughs are pretty much interchangeable anyways :p

12. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Yao's shot wasn't falling. It happens. Even the best big men have 3 for 13 type games.

13. noize

noize Contributing Member

I know I'm kinda late here, but User's post is soo idiotic that it needs another response. What are you trying to prove, by taking out all of his dunk shots so that he has a lower FG%(2/12)? That stars in the NBA are not allowed to have a bad shooting nights or you don't understand that stars are allowed to get any points they could and thats includes dunking amd layups? Yao shoots close to 60%, averaging 19.5pts in the preseason and 52% overall...doesn't that kinda make you look dumb?

14. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I noticed less of Yao "showing" to slow down the point guard on the high pick-and-roll. Swift was out there a lot. I still think teams will game-plan to force Yao to do that during the regular season, but having Swift is going to help a lot in the foul department.