1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Jazz @ Rockets 10/24/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Screw Ariza

ilovehtownbb and fattz like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah we're waiting for the game 5 thread about what we're going to learn

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Lol wanna know something funny?

I was looking at the box score and noticed this:

Jazz 34 FGM
    Rockets 35 FGM

Jazz 10 3PT
    Rockets 11 3PT

Jazz 22/28 FTs
    Rockets 8/14 FTs

Lol I know I already replied to this, but now that I think about it.... that may be more accurate than I thought haha.

DonKnock, Remlap, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I know that smh just like if melo wasnt there it would be on harden getting roasted then. We know that he gonna pick on the weakest link. My point is u getting scored on no matter what. Even without melo they been getting roasted this year. U do the harden rule. Atleast u punish them on the other end. Like harden melo is capable of playing A stretch or 2 of defense

6. bro2044

bro2044 Member

That's what losing teams think.

lw17 likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

I never put down Melo. I always root for him but you guy need to like see reality, just cause he scored 22 today doesnt mean anything. If you dont think hes a defensive liability I dont know what to tell you. Mitchel created a scoring opportunity every time he we went at Melo. Oh yea and pace matters, the low score doesnt mean we were playing amazing defense.

8. delta69er

delta69er Member

Look, you can chide all you want but I’m not some 10 year old sitting and watching the games and holding out hope that we’re gonna magically turn it around.

I see the glaring issues that we have.

It’s going to be a grind with the personnel that we have. But it’s also possible once rotations become more solid and MCW and Ennis aren’t being given huge min once CP3 comes back.

I can’t control how this teams performs, but I can control how I choose to react to it and I choose to remain positive.

DreamShook, YOLO and HP3 like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Its like you guys dont even understand basic strategy, smh.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

And Gordon needs to stop bricking, pass the damn ball to Melo.

Too selfish.

lw17 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Harden can hold his own in iso situations and there are stats to back that up, and hes an offensive juggernaut. Melo, well I mean...sigh I mean he's ,.....it is what it is man, I hope he does well but things are not working right now. Its not all his fault really but it might be a huge problem come playoff time.

12. jboslett

jboslett Member

I don't expect Melo to be able to guard a player like Mitchell, so I have no idea why we haven't abandoned the gimmicky switch everything mode of defense. Trap him and make Rubio, Favors, or one of their other marginally skilled offensive players do something. Switching Melo onto him and hoping to contain him is really, really stupid.

Omihall23 and lw17 like this.
  13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The team has no heart.

They care nothing but money.

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

No one is saying he is not liability...what we are saying is the way this team is currently build its better to start melo. I keep giving the analogy with cp3 n harden. U want harden with tge ball more then cp3 not because cp3 cant handle just as good but because harden off the ball is worst then cp3 off the ball. So u try to Maximize your strengths same thing with melo he plays better starting then comeing off the bench. Ennis it really aint no difference I think he would play better off the bench cause to me he a energy got like Corey Brewer.

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lmao im not gonna let u get away with saying harden is a good iso defender lmao. He is a good post defender thats it. Melo is as well. Put is u cant cover him if u commit to making it work. U do know it was a time ryno n harden started righg, n we was still a good team cause of the scoring. N i also think melo is a.good rebounder what we are missing i thing from ariza. To me we get killed on the glass this year. Ariza rebounding from the 3 is what we miss the most from him. Thats just my take

16. fattz

fattz Member

MCW has really reached his full potential as a Rocket on a one year deal —> this is it. He is not even a band-aid —> cut and move on —> open roster spot. We can get the same level of production from a rookie. Please play the rookies —> all of them. Why? Their tomorrow is better than their today. Players like MCW are what they are. Coach we are putting up “L” anyway, what is it going to hurt? Open your mind and rotation. When the team is healthy everyone will be better because of it. Use 10 day contracts to find a 3&D combo guard. We will slip into the playoffs as underdogs with super stars and situational talent the coach knows how to use.

Remlap likes this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

All bs aside, the team is playing too slow. We're not grabbing rebounds & we're not hustling for loose balls. Something is up. Maybe it's something in the locker room we don't know. But guys are playing like they don't wanna be here. James Harden isn't being the leader we thought he was

Mathloom likes this.
  18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No you don't understand what actually went on.

Yes they gave us a dose of our own Medicine. But dude went off on everybody that guarded him. Please don't act like you're the only one that watched this game.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

I really just disagree man. I would be happy to be wrong. But its just not true in my eyes. Maybe he needs more minutes with CP but thats really all I can say besides...maybe we should reduce his and MCW minutes

What? There are stats that show he was a good iso defender last year, I'm not saying Mitchel wouldnt score on him but it would not produce good offense. Anderson actually sets screens though and (well when he shot) he was very good in the pick and pop something Melo hasnt shown yet. I respect your opinion man, but I just dont agree with it at all.

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

We getting killed on the boards this year. Vlint 12, pj 3. Melo 7. Thats why u start him as well. He the 2nd best rebounder u play. 3 for pj aint gonna cut it. Facts. We need to rebound better. Thats where losing ariza hurts he gave u 6 a game

lw17 likes this.