1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 3/8/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 7, 2008.

1. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

To a certain degree. I don't know if you noticed, but the Rockets are having a much more difficult time getting inside without Yao constantly commanding double teams in the paint, leaving Scola and/or Landry openings. As a result of that, the opponents are having 1 extra defender on the wing for the Rockets shooters.

The disadvantage of not having Yao will show sooner or later, when we go toe to toe with another defensive minded team with a big man in the middle (i.e. San Antonio). Tyson Chandler, an above mediocre center, pretty much controlled the boards and low post last night, that would NOT happen had Yao been there, as in the game in New Orleans 2 weeks ago.

2. pangzi

pangzi Member

Well, this is not a given yet against good defensive teams. What works now is when Tmac attaches the rim and open up others. But this probably will wear him out sooner or later. Hornets are a decetn defensive team and we struggled in the paint. This is why I m so nervers about Landry's situation.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

again, u lose an advantage, u have to create another advantage. with yao, tmac doesn't operate in the high post at the regularity he is now (this is our most unstoppable play right now and remember, we would have ran the tmac-landry pick and roll a lot last night too down the stretch if he was playing).

operating at the high post allows tmac to get to the basket much easier than if he had to do the pick and roll (which we ran a lot with yao playing). also playing at the high post, it allows scola and landry to move around in the paint (one goes to the ft line for the J or basket for a dunk).

again, we lost an advantage with yao, but now opening newer advantages without him (more spacing, more transition, faster paced, more tmac at the high post, and basically forcing us to play much harder with more passion).

we will miss yao no doubt. but again, if we continue to play hard, we can compensate for some of that. and we all just hope for the best.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the second quarter was amazing- Mad Death Energy!

5. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

it would be...

Rafer: Yo Mac, let's not hug like steve and mobley okay.

a couple of notes:

1) if you have comcast, you can go to nbatv on demand and watch tmac's highlights from the dallas game

2) van gundy just called rafer the best pg in the league right now since he's running the offense on the nba's hottest team. i knew they were dating. ;)

3) van gundy also said what the rockets are doing is the most amazing thing he has seen in his life time, i would have to agree.

is he still on our payroll? anyhow, van gundy went on to give full credit to adelman. he actually said that this years D was better than last year. i bet he loves scola and landry and wished he wouldve just signed that contract. mark jackson said the D was van gundy's and the offense had more freedom. van gundy didnt say much after that comment about the offense.

6. silentsky

silentsky Member

watched the reply of the game from halftime. during the close mins on the beginning of 4q, I felt it's the safiest to give the rock to Tmac! It has been a long while that I didn't felt that way. Man, how good is that safe feeling. I mean, i want it goes to Tmac in every freaking position coz he's da man, which he was! at least in last night, he's back in his old self.

Hats off, hands down, it's no other's but Tmac's team now! and it's a good good thing! and RA's playing like it's his contract year :eek: why da hell Yao's injuried!!! with him, we can really get up there on the stage for the showdown aginst SA, Bos and Det (those r the ONLY 3 legit elite teams in my mind) arrrr... :mad:

7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

18!

i'm greedy, let's ride this streak like TMac rode this Mav ...

[​IMG]