1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 3/11/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 10, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

No . MDA thinks there is no correlation between playing a 33 year old coming off on injury on a b2b .... and increasing the risk of injury .

Plus Chris wants to play , so who is MDA to tell him to sit

/s

I remember when I was pissed at the decision for Chris to play on the b2b agaisnt the heat . I had so many posters telling me "oh it's only because of D-wade , CP will of course rest the remaining b2b's"

Turns out our coach just doesn't give a ****

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

We got the Hornets tonight?

post-game analysis starts here

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Trap game happened against Mavs. Hornets going to get it tonight. If u have tickets show up please. Don't watch Hornets, watch MVP with CP3
    Conquer NBA.

4. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Revenge game for Faried!! :mad::mad::mad:

GO ROCKETS!!!

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Or.....Or.....OR..... Hear me out...... The professionals whose job it is to manage our players health say the risk of injury is no different than any other game.

DaDakota likes this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Then why does the rest of the league act differently ?

7. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Such a trap game with the Warriors on deck. Love the Marvin Williams absence. I removed myself from my soccer game tonight, stretch run is coming and team is responding with good defense.

Hope we can control Kemba and we can see at least 1 Faried 3pt LOL

BaselineFade and don grahamleone like this.
  8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Define the rest of the league.

Who are we talking about?

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ok who's going to the game tonite...since I cant go due to sport superstition I need the whole red nation to do me a favor.....

The last 1:00 of the game I want the whole crowd to chant warriors warriors warriors...to let them know yall wanted us now you getting us. That would Be the most boss move ever at a arena.

We need to send them a message before they even get here. Show klay what real fans can do...all.while redeeming our fans bad rap
    ..make it happen red nation

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Almost every other team that has been a contender over the last couple of years has rested its stars preemptively (meaning they were not hurt , but sat out for planned rest )

Even teams that are in the middle of a fight for seeding rest older players on the second night of a back to back .

SA , GS , CLE , TOR , DAL , BOS , LAC ,
    ATL (when they had budenholzer )

Respectively that's pop , Kerr , Casey , Carlisle , Stevens , Rivers , and Bud that have decided to rest players upon occasion .

What did it take for MDA to even entertain the idea of rest ? .... an epic collapse vs the spurs where his short rotations and regular season usage rate were DIRECT causes of our loss .

So we rest Paul on back to backs last year , are careful with him , don't push him out of the gate .... and what's the result ?... oh I dunno our best season in 20+ years .

Now after 1 great season , MDA is back to thinking that rest doesn't matter . What he really means is that he can't coach his way out of a bag if he doesn't have harden or Paul running his system .

Whats the point of playing CP3 tonight ? Why is it so crucial that he have extra practicing executing vs The charlotte ****ing hornets ? The pace and intensity of this game is NOT going to serve as a good proxy for playoff basketball .

I understand wanting to work on chemistry . But going through the motions isn't going to help us there .

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think the players we started with followed by an avalanche of injuries is why rest isn’t something we could necessarily afford this season.

I really don’t think it’s Mikes call on dnp-rest games. I’d bet it’s more on the player, trainer and Gm that make that call.

So I would go with the idea that the entire organization understands Paul’s fragility. I highly doubt they are just ignoring it. I would guess, like I said, the advisement by the professionals is that his risk of injury in say tonight’s game is no different than any other game. I mean he’s already gotten like 1/3 of the season off to rest.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That’d be nice...but the Rockets consistently don’t beat down inferior teams. They let them hang around.

We’ll see what happens.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Ok DD

Go Rockets!

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

After diligently studying all the above posts... I believe that we're going to win, play well, limit CP's minutes, Shump will have a breakout game, Harden will be on fire for 50 plus and Faried will go ape ****.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah! The coach only has his job and big salary and career to worry about, while you have A LOT of feelings on the line. Why won't Tilmiser let you coach??? :mad: DAMMIT!!!

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

game time. MDA HATERS GO HOME

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

so charlotte, a team fighting for a playoff spot, decides to rest half their roster and we couldnt even rest our most important player

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol bullard. "charlotte is out of the playoff picture".

they're 1 game out of the 8th seed. smh. horrible

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

half of their roster is hurt