1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 12/7/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 6, 2004.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This was a strange game. I'm glad we won, but I didn't find that much encouraging to take away from it.

I will say that there were several sustained periods in the game where Yao was very aggressive, and that, aside from the W, is probably the biggest positive. tmac was shooting poorly again, but I think we are just taking baby steps right now.

I do wish we could scrap JVG's offense. The team would be better letting tmac run and either score or create. Then if that didn't provide any easy baskets bring it back out and set up a much simpler half-court set.

2. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

barret

barret is cool and all, i couldnt help but roll my eyes when i heard he was cut from the knicks before he came here, coincidence,or does jvg have a fetish?

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

A win is a win...

4. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Bowen had his typical good game. He dove for the ball and made his usual hustle plays. Good complement for this current lineup. BTW, what do you guys think the soldified lineup will be?

5. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

what a big win.. we really needed that one..

6. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

I wish Barret is a young version of JJ, playing consistent and decent games with low salary :) . Hopefullly, he is the gift for Rockets.

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Bob Sura showed good athleticism and rebounded well. I think his stats show he has more RPG than PPG this season and he has rebounded well throughout his career, we could use his rebounding as much as the points he puts up. AB had his best shooting night of his short career and shows he can hustle and is quick, so we should be trying to keep those two guys on the floor as much as possible. We should be trying to keep a rotation similar to what JVG did yesterday, play T-MAC at SG/SF and Sura at PG/SG with AB at PG to get T-MAC and Sura 40+ mins a game. We need to give Juwan more minutes and he is a former all star that has some skills, at the very least we need to hope that he performs well in order to "showcase" him to be able to trade his onerous contract. If he doesn't have it anymore, then he might be the millstone around the Rox neck that dooms this trade.

I was not happy that we did not blow out the worst team in the league and struggled at times during the game. We have a long way to go.

8. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Yeah I thought we definitely should have won by a larger margin. Anyways, I like how MoT is coming off the bench again and I like how J. Howard is starting. As I said in the past, MoT should be relied upon to score when he comes in for J. Howard which means that's about the same time Yao checks out for Deke.