1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 11/3/2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

We're in need of a win, and the team knows it. We've got this baby with a strong effort on defense.

2. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

I wouldn't be able to see the game live, but I will follow the score.

somewhere, somewhat, I feel this team should get a win now.....

if not, i would be :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. Felece

Felece Member

Im going to have nightmares when Ariza goes Kobe on us and lights us up with 81 points on 12/12 from three point.

4. Gertso

Gertso Member

Ariza will try too hard and stop the offense pissing off Chris to the point where he decapitates him with a shovel.

Rockets win by 5.

5. PeppermintCandy

The Rockets have had a tough time stopping small forwards, and Ariza will be motivated to play well against his former team. A bad combination.

But I think the Rockets are just too proud to go 0-4. They'll pull out a win.

6. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

Unfortunately, there is a lot of truth in this and totally agree !!! I'm not pressing the panic button just yet, but I am hovering over it.

7. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

With the "paper" talent and "assets" we have collected, dont you think its justified ???

This team SHOULD be and was EXPECTED to be better than 0-4

8. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

We need this win... Please!

Ariza will try to get aggressive on us and start chucking balls. I hope Adelman and the team has figured out what the hell happened in the last 3 games and play better leading to a win. Jesus, my blood pressure is going up just thinking about it...

I was so looking forward to this year with Yao coming back and the addition of Miller and Lee... :eek: 1-3 after Wed.... Let's do it!!!

9. kaybest

kaybest Member

Even if we lose this game, we still have opportunities to make 78 wins.
    Just kidding, but once the mavs opened their season with 0-4 and end up 60 plus wins.
    Expect great!

10. Raven

Raven Member

Time to stop the bleeding!

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Hornets are alot better then people give them credit for. Belinie has been a revelation which allows Thornton to come off the bench to provide a spark.

12. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

I've always thought Chris Paul kinda looked like the dad from Don't Be A Menace To South Central While Drinkin' Your Juice In The Hood...

Which is awesome, because the Rockets are gonna send him a MESSAGE!

13. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

no. he will throw a phantom elbow at him and miss taking off the head.

14. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Ariza sucked last year and his shooting is still going to suck in this game. Rockets should win this game if Scola keeps West on check, otherwise if West goes off on the Rockets BOOK IT 0-4!

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Agree and disagree....

I think they were fine in the Lakers game and exhausted in the GS game......

But the Denver game was strange, in the 4th quarter they had no idea what to do, and all tried to do too much, Brooks, Lowry, Martin, everyone....just tried to go it alone.

Hopefully Adelman explains the roles....to me this looks like a good old fashioned...."Whose team is it" competition between Brooks, Martin, and Yao.....

And Scola is simply going about his business cleaning up the mess.

DD

#75 DaDakota, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The loser mindset around here really needs to go. This is a fan forum. Not sure when people started resenting and rooting against our own players but it is really annoying.

17. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

MUST WIN.....for the sanity of the GARM

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Like you I thought the first two games had acceptable reasons for the losses. But the Denver game through me for a loop, changed my thinking a bit and it changed how I looked at the first two.

We use to have a great stat that said if we were ahead by the end of the 3rd period, we win. For the past couple of years that satisfaction has turned into fear.

Is it because of Yao, Brooks, Martin, etal, can't decide who's the boss? Hell, I can't even figure out whose team this is.

Hmmm, could that be the real culprit here? We have nobody that fits the bill. We have nobody to say, "It's on me" (ugh, hated typing that but it gets my point across).

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I hope Brooks wins over the Clutch Fans mob tonight!

20. pge71188

pge71188 Member

After Paul and West, Bellinelli is the guy i think the Rockets should focus on. He can light it up and with the way our defense has been defending the 3, he could 7 or 8 3-pointers on us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.