1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 11/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 13, 2012.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Will White be active tonight? ;)

2. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I can understand your being disappointed with Lin's play so far, but you want Dougie to start? You must be crazy.

3. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Only on Twitter!

1 person likes this.
  4. pandaboy99

pandaboy99 Member

Purest sign of an internet troll: suggesting Toney Douglas start in any nba basketball game.. LMAO

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

lol one bad game from Lin and I saw that thread. Clutchfans never fails to make me LOL

People are so quick to act

6. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

7. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I am a Lin fan, yet starting TD might make sense. Lin is not taking any shots as a starter anyway. Let him come in and direct the second unit against the opposing second units. Split his time with TD 50-50. Lin could well be an OK. Harden or Ginobilli playing that scheme.

On second thought McFail / Sampson would probably still park Lin in the corner and have Delfino be the primary ball handler!

8. addictionary

addictionary Member

Considering Davis, I guess it will be a little below. like 13.

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

I can't be the only one excited to see MARCUS MORRIS

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Going to this game! Got section 106 tickets for $50 each on Flashseats!

11. cdain3

cdain3 Member

[​IMG]

12. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Nobody wants to get me a bobblehead? I'll send you a NYC.....something... :grin:

13. TurkishHammer

TurkishHammer New Member

wanna see asik like playing :

24 pts 15 rebs 3 asist 2 blks +%70ft +%50fg less then 2 to and less then 3 fouls

14. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I am really curious as to what Lin's role will be tonight. Continue to play the role of spot up shooting, just camping out in the corner or get more ball handling duty. Continue to play passive or come out with a new agenda after the stinker he put up the last game. A lot of interesting things to look for. Can't wait

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Unfortunately, it will take a change of personality for Lin to override his coaches' commands for him to be passive and camp out in the corner. His well-documented strong relationship with his parents may be too good for him to be disobedient to authority figures. Being obedient is a trait that hurts you when your authority figures do not have your (or even the team's, apparently) best interests in mind.

16. torocan

torocan Member

Lin will do whatever his coaches ask him to do. He's a 100% team player and will support them in whatever role they ask.

I'm hoping that this is part of some larger plan in terms of developing the team offense, or a strategic decision to reduce his risk of injury given our lack of a competent back up PG.

Just a hope, but better than nothing. :p

17. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Some people believe your statement is a stereotype and completely out there. I for one agree with you. Not sure if Jeremy has the personality to assert himself and challenge people in authority. It seems like he still has the mindset of a role player and will just do what is asked of him even when he knows that they are playing to his strengths. This is why Sampson is stepping all over him, never praising him and giving disrespectful statements- Douglas better?
    I hope Jeremy is not really content with his role as it was made out to be in the woj article and start to make his opinions count.
    Even better, i hope the coaching staff are realizing the mistake they have made in utilizing Lin and start to develop a better role for him in this offense. We will see tonite. It will be a disaster when Lin is resorted to back up duties on his bobblehead night.

18. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

19. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yes, he must break out of the Confucian mental-footbinding that his Ancient Chinese tradition has bound him to... :rolleyes:

Jeremy's been an on-court leader for all of his basketball career, from high school to the NBA. Right now, he's on a young team that's still trying to figure out its identity.

20. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Guys, go to the game if you can, tickets starting at $6!! Go early and get a Lin bobblehead, I'll pay you $6 for it next week when I'm in town lol....