1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 10/12/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 11, 2012.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I should have known this would turn into still another Royce White thread :(

2. Rocket_Man_2.0

What!? Royce White isn't playing!!:mad:.... What sense does that make? With Marcus Morris injured why wouldn't he play. Rockets need to see how these guys are gonna gel. Sitting White just hurts the team.:rolleyes:

3. Rocket_Man_2.0

I hope this doesn't turn into Terrence Williams 2.0...Royce White already in the dog house.:(

4. rockets0_12_7_1

I think I get what you are trying to say , but I guess there is just no regulation in that aspect. In otherwords, no matter if the person passing is a point guard or a center etc... and no matter how the reciever makes the shot it still counts as an assist , lol can I ask why you are soo interested in the topic of assists?

5. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

front office showing the rookies they will not be eff'd with? could they be making an example out of white.

6. rockets0_12_7_1

I hope thats not case , some people are saying its because Kevin is punishing Royce for missing training camp? or maybe he really does have catching up to do whether it is a little or a lot , I'm sure he'll play sooner or later in the preseason though

7. sidestep

sidestep Member

I'm not in Houston either, but I've never been able to access a single archived game. Always says 'video will be available shortly.' I contacted customer service and they said I don't have access to preseason games with League Pass Broadband, and that the service does not officially start till Oct 30.

In fact, since yesterday, when I try to open the flash player with the WATCH NOW link, nothing happens. So I assume that either (1) customer service locked me out of preseason games after I contacted them and they looked at my account or (2) everyone is locked out of preseason games. I remember reading somewhere, perhaps CF, that the OKC game was aired for testing purposes only, hence I say it may have been an exception. The service is damn annoying about this. I'll just have to watch it on firstrowsports.eu

8. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

it was happening to me. But were something with my flash player (after i updated it some weeks ago). I rebooted the pc and everything came back to normal.

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Terrence Williams has absolutely nothing to do with this. Since some folks here seem confused about this does have to do with, lets make it clear.

Lin, Martin, Parsons, Pat and Asik will start.

Delfino and Douglas will almost certainly be two guys in the rotation to begin the season. So you have Jones, Lamb, Morris, Dmo and White fighting for what might be only one spot (for a 8 man rotation) 2 spots if you think McHale will do 9. Personally I think 8, but we will leave that open for the moment.

Based on play so far, Jones has to be the favorite at this point. Lamb, Morris and Dmo are all ahead of White in terms of integrating into things based on training camp. So said another way, White needs to beat out Lamb, Dmo and Morris despite being a week behind. Is it now obvious what favor White did himself by missing the first week of camp (regardless of the reasons for it)?

10. sidestep

sidestep Member

****, I had uninstalled my flash and reinstalled it, but that didn't fix it. I'll try it again. Thanks for tip.

11. webattorney

webattorney Member

Rockets

I was interested in finding out how well a PG performed in a particular game. For example, a PG A can make so-so passes and the receiving player has to work hard to make shots, but a PG B made the same number of passes but the passes were very nice ones that made it extremely easy for the receiving player to make shots, then it seems to me PG B has done a better job, but this kind of stats would not show up in the regular stats. It made me realize that the number of assists is kinda misleading but you have to take into account the quality of those assists.

12. webattorney

webattorney Member

To sidestep

NBA League Pass Broadband "watch" feature starts 10 or so minutes before the scheduled time. Also, for preseason, you won't get anything appearing on your computer. That OKC game was an exception.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Coach is trying to figure out who he is going to keep and who he is going to play in the rotation. You can't have a rotation player that may or may not be in the arena at any given day. You just can't plan around that so you plan without him. He won't be a rotation player. He's a guaranteed contract so he will make the team.

Royce has made his 2012-13 spot on then team. Hopefully he overcomes and makes a positive change for 2013 on...that requires consistency to at least show up.

14. webattorney

webattorney Member

Sidestep

For regular season games, NBA League Pass is pretty good, but I don't know if you need a pretty fast internet speed for a good viewing quality. Mine was pretty good the last year when I had it for several months.

15. Rocket_Man_2.0

That's why I don't like the Delfino signing..he's gonna take valuable minutes away from our talented rookies.

16. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

8 player rotation is usually done during playoff games. The regular season is too long. Most team usually plays 9-10 players throughout the whole season.

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

You maybe right, But McHale has showed a tendency to like short rotations. But even a 9 man rotation (assuming Jones is the 8th) makes White's chances very very slim if you think about having to sit Lamb, Dmo and Morris.

18. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Player getting benched in preseason? :confused:

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I said to start the season. If Delfino doesnt measure up, expect that to change.

20. Arthurprescott2

Yea and with the need to try to keep Lin (for now) and Asik (just for precautionary measures) on limited minutes, McHale will most likely have a 10 player rotation for the first half of the season. Back-up center by committee FTW!