1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 10/12/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I kind of get the same feeling, though I don't fault McHale for it.

I support Royce, but outside of his reasonable accommodation, he is not entitled to preferential treatment. While some see his accommodation as such, I do not.

McHale has shown that he is flexible enough to play those who earn it. I think Royce has the talent, he just has to play up to it.

2. sidestep

sidestep Member

In a recent video interview, McHale was openly reluctant about fielding questions about Royce, and said something to the effect of 'Let's talk about those who will actually be playing.'

3. thursdays

thursdays Member

Seems McHale is very determined to keep Royce on the bench tonight. Frankly, when asked about Royce in interviews, McHale acts annoyed and bothered, like Mr. Wilson responding to Dennis the Menace.

4. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Can we un-waive What's-his-name #1 and What's-his-name #2?

With so many players out, this is a good time to try out all different combinations.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

For all the fans that wanted to say Hello to me, and what's up Kam, and buy me a drink or nachos or something, I will not be in attendance at tonight's preseason game vs the New Orleans Hornets.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I wouldn't expect a win.

I would "expect" the starters to play the first quarter, and a few minutes at the end of the 2nd. They probably will have the lead in the first half.

Then from there its basically tryouts for the 15th man final roster spot. Could be an ugly game, but good one for evaluating the players that they should keep or move.

8. tefunk

tefunk Member

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/19806884/2012/10/12/whites-travel-plans-remain-a-work-in-progress

White's travel plans remain a work in progress

By Mark Berman, Sports Director
    HOUSTON (FOX 26) -

Houston Rockets rookie forward Royce White will not play in Friday night's pre-season game against the New Orleans Hornets because coach Kevin McHale does not believe he is ready to go since he missed the first week of training camp working through his personal issues.

White said he remains concerned about his travel plans with the team which continues to be a work in progress.

White suffers from general anxiety disorder, obssessive compulsive disorder, and a fear of flying.

It is because of that fear that White has requested that the Rockets allow him to travel to some games by bus.

"It's a little bit of a sticky situation because it's a new thing for the league and they are going through the process of trying to figure out," White said.

White's agent, Andrew Vye, told FOX 26 Sports while it is a complicated situation, White's travel issues will be resolved.

"The absolute truth of the matter is that we are still working on logistics and the details of the entire arrangement, which is the alternative methods of travel if Royce White is not able to fly on the team plane," Vye said.

The first major challenge for White concerning travel will be when the Rockets play the Mavericks on Monday in Dallas.

"I plan on going to Dallas," White said. "I'll probably drive."

9. M4-Nightvision

tonight games NO vs Houston is on NBA League Pass.

10. webattorney

webattorney Member

Question

Even on NBA League Pass for the US version? How do you find out which games will be played in advance?

11. sidestep

sidestep Member

Preseason games will not be shown on League Pass Broadband. The OKC game was an exception.

12. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

That was my understanding, but Nightvision said it was, so I asked. Thanks.

13. webattorney

webattorney Member

How is an Assist counted? For example, if the player you pass to catches your pass and then dribbles and shoots and makes the shot, does that count as an Assist?

14. roxxy

roxxy Member

Are you sure. I don't live in the Houston area, I am in Canada. You sure they won't be shown live on LP. I know for a fact that some pre-season games have been archived.

15. rockets0_12_7_1

yeah , as long as whoever you pass it to makes the shot its an assist

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

wtf??!! No Royce tonight? This is bs:mad:!! This is turning into Terrence Williams all over again!!

17. teebone21

teebone21 Member

he is buying his bus ticked to RGV to play for the vipers

18. webattorney

webattorney Member

Royce White

That will be sad because he seems like a talented player.

19. webattorney

webattorney Member

Rockets

If that's the case, then not all assists should be viewed as equal. If a PG passes in such a way that his assist made it very easy for the other player to make the shot, then that should count more than a pass which is caught by the receiving player and then the receiving player has to work hard or make a nifty move to make the shot. Do you know what I mean?

20. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

should've picked a decent center to back up Omer instead of having to watch this kid throw his life away.