1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 10/12/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 11, 2012.

1. mirus

mirus Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>White still catching up. McHale said little else about rotation changes, such as Livingston or Johnson playing.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/256787609089626113" data-datetime="2012-10-12T16:05:11+00:00">October 12, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Convictedstupid

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Jeremy Lamb could sit out tonight with a sore left foot. Could open time for Forbes, Livingston.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/256791928186757121" data-datetime="2012-10-12T16:22:21+00:00">October 12, 2012</a></blockquote>

This could suck.

3. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

i think tonight we will lose

Because everybody rookie will try to make 20 points...

It is ok because they are just a lot of kids...

But just tonight i will accept this kind of selfplay game.

4. mirus

mirus Member

a 2 pg line up may be possible tho.this sucks :(
    hope lamb recovers well

5. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

Did he actually say White isnt playing, or just that he is still catching up?

6. mirus

mirus Member

both (not playing bcos of trying to catch up)

7. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>GM @<a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">dmorey</a> told @<a href="https://twitter.com/sportstalk790">sportstalk790</a> the Rockets have no plans to add a veteran: "We went in with the strategic plan to be as young as we are."</p>&mdash; ClutchFans.net (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/256789374384099328" data-datetime="2012-10-12T16:12:12+00:00">October 12, 2012</a></blockquote>

YES

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Pretty much a no. Sounds like he was pretty vague in his answers about rotations.

So no Martin, Lamb, White, Morris, Brockman.

Rotation will probably be-

PG: Lin, Douglas, Machado
    SG: Delfino, Forbes, Livingston
    SF: Parsons
    PF: Patterson, Jones, Johnson
    C: Asik, D-Mo, Smith

- I would think the coaches will probably want to get a good look at J. Johnson and Greg Smith tonight. They have a big decision to make on who they might want to keep going forward.

Forbes, and Livingston also could get some good burn too. The Rockets would probably prefer to move Livingston, and maybe even Forbes too if they get a call about them in the next few weeks.

I wouldn't call tonight showcasing, but there will probably be some extended tryouts essentially after the starters get their minutes.

I'll be putting my armchair GM hat on tonight to try and guage better who I think is going to make the 15 man roster more than anything.

9. mirus

mirus Member

ur rotation seems to be short at SF . any rookies likely to back up/slide over or delfino will back up as sf in your opinion?

10. rockets0_12_7_1

actually I think Kevin is still playing tonight , he did practice , and no one has confirmed he is not playing

11. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Yeah, felt for the kid when he was with us because he was a bust but damn to be that tall and play for so long without the smallest amount of skill is staggering.

Sucks for Morris, I really wanted to see his development and it will be a shame if this season is a let down due to injuries for him. I get the feeling that there will be plenty of opportunities for him and the other young guys to get minutes.

12. trowa

trowa Member

Did something happen to lamb?

13. dobro1229

You will probably see some unique lineups tonight. Probably some 2 PG rotations. Probably see Forbes at the 3 some, and maybe even Delfino.

However, I dont think you will see much Delfino after the first half. He played a decent amount of minutes in the first game, and is still probably trying to get his conditioning back.

I dont think they really care too much about winning this game. After the starters do their thing, I think they are going to be looking at evaluation more than anything.

14. rockets0_12_7_1

^ Lamb has a sore left foot , might not play , but he might surprise us tonight I hope

15. dobro1229

No point of further risking further injury. At this point, the Rockets probably want to see what they have in guys like Livingston, Forbes, Douglas, and Machado. Lamb is here to stay for some time. The other guys are fighting to make the roster, and the coaches really need to get them PT first before they make major decisions on their future with the team.

16. rockets0_12_7_1

^ true , guess we'll see him on Sunday vs Spurs

17. mirus

mirus Member

18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Play through the pain fellas! ;)

19. red32

red32 Member

Can't they just put White out for the flight like what the A-Team does to Mr. T?

20. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I don't know if it's a good call by McHale or not, I haven't seen any of the practices, so I don't really know if Royce is that far behind the rest of the team or not. I'm disappointed Royce won't be playing tonight, as I really want to see him play. Royce participated in the summer league, and he's been practicing with the team this week, so I'm a little surprised he's that far behind the rest of the team. I suspect McHale is basically punishing Royce for missing the training camp. I would have liked to have seen McHale play Royce 5 or 10 minutes, but I guess McHale wants to show Royce who is charge. It shouldn't make any difference one way or the other in the long run.