1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 1/2/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 1, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

I think you are overreacting a bit. There is some semblance of merit to what is being said. And considering that Lin accounts for the highest percentage of team assists (yes 5% greater than even James), he is affected a little bit more than everybody else don't ya think. And it is a tad bit contradictory to complain about "LOF's" putting other Rockets down to defend him & then you proceed to put Lin down to defend other Rockets. But that is besides the point. Assists can be an overrated stat to be frank.

Yes a player could make a sloppy pass & therefore the bucket isn't converted. But at the same time the player could make an amazing pass & the person just fumbles it. Rondo for example gets a lot of assists but he choses to ignore wide open layups & passes out for contested long 2's instead. He blatantly whores for them. Anyway, also besides the point.

To my point, I agree with what you are saying though that it is silly to complain about that. Yes Asik sometimes blows Lin/Hardens assist numbers. But at the same time it goes both ways. When the guards miss shots more often than not it is Asik cleaning it up. When the guards want to attack the basket it is Asik setting screens. When Smith & Patterson don't realize that they have to inbound the ball to the guards it is Asik that does it constantly. When Nate Robinson calls Lin a mother****er, Asik is the one that knocks him to the ground. It all balances out in the long run as it is a team sport. And anyway, I doubt Lin cares about his assists numbers. I am sure he is content with Asik not being able to get the bucket but still being able to go to the FT line & getting two free throws.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

thats not alot. like on avarage 1 assist more per night thats it

3. Akim523

Akim523 Member

That's a lot considering Lin has been the secondary ball handler. I

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

It is a lot considering that Lin isn't even the primary ball handler. And it is a lot considering that last year in NY with significantly more talent around him & with him as the primary ball handler he averaged 8 assists. So yes 7 assists is highly impressive. And for more detail as the secondary ball handler, Lin accounts for 28% of the Rockets overall team assists Harden accounts for 23% So the gap is significant enough for it to be classified as a lot.

5. marry

marry Member

haha,i read most of you and roxxy posts. i like your objection. i am a new member here. i have read this forum for long time before registration. most of your said are correct, and you give more patience to see lin's performance. i like what you said. hope we can win the upcoming game. The rox has a sweet road.:p

6. marry

marry Member

:grin:

7. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

why theres no Mil gamethread already?

8. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

..defense is half of the possessions of basketball. And in addition to full court passes, outlet passes, no look passes, well court vision altogether I guess, Lin's better at limiting TOs lol.

Either way, Harden is the best player on our team, our last possession guy, our superstar-to-be while Lin is our all-star-to-be imo. And in the end, Asik may turn out to be our team's MVP, as once again, defense is half of basketball.