1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 2/21/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 19, 2007.

1. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

good game, first game back, a lil rusty. hope wade is okay.

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

good game, good win, shaky at the end

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

Great game. I'm very happy. Battier, Skip, Tracy, Juwan and Bonzi were great. Big win for us. I hope Wade is ok. It looked bad. He was crying. I like him, he had good game too. But Rockets are the best :]

4. mag

mag Contributing Member

We really need a backup PG. Luther is not a PG and JVG has to stop playing him at the point. He is terrible at that position.

5. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

im concerned with us missing free throws late in games :(

6. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Wow, thanks a lot, SwoLy-D!

7. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

hope wades ok, good game by tmac...

GIVE RAFER SOME PROPS TOO MAN! He kept our lead by nailing some sweet threes..

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Great game although it is apparent we need Yao badly for some size in the middle and the Rockets need to finish games when they have a double digit lead heading into the 4th.

9. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

over all good game. How bout that pass to the fourth row from Luther!!! knowing he isnt the strongest ball handler they could have helped him when he was bringing the ball up...everyone ran up court on one play and left him with with two heat players

10. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

JVG needs to play V-span or even Lucas. Head passing the ball is like watching a turnover in slow motion. I can't believe big Jake gets no play with Deke being 55 yrs old. CD makes trades and JVG refuses to play them.

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

This is the Bonzi wells I've been waiting to see. Wouldn't have minded if Snyder could have taken a few of Tracy's minutes (to give him a little more rest and guard Wade), but the Heat were making a run so it's understandable. Good overall game. This has the potential to be the start of a nice win streak.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The problem is that JL3 and VSpan are even worse than Head as backup PG's.
    I agree with you we need an upgrade at the point.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Riiiiight... :p

(...I was just teasing you, I understood you were talking about his game...lol)

I didn't know that was TI...not up on my rap celebs...

14. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

why would you not play Deke, he is awesome on the boards and defense, he is proven!!!!! the other guys you mentioned are bench warmers

15. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

We need another ball handler. Tracy looked completed exhausted at the end of the game, and it looked like he had a slight groin injury he played through.
    If Luther is pressured, or dribbles into traffic, chances are it's a turn over, or a hail-mary pass into the bleachers. :(
    Tracy looks like the only guy we have that can drive the ball and do something with it.

16. blender

blender Member

Glad to get the win. Though a step slower, Shaq is still a beast. Even without Wade, these guys put a lot of pressure on us at the end, and we looked a bit intimidated.

What a dilemma for JVG. He needs Head in the game for his shooting, needs Alston's ballhandling, but didn't want both in at the same time in the end. Head's really gonna have to work on passing and protecting the ball.

17. astrorockette

astrorockette Member

I'm so tired I totally missed the sarcasm. lol. I feel kinda dumb now. :D

T.I. was the first one I noticed. It took me a while to get the rest of them.

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

We need to make a move for a backup pg. That much is clear. Brevin Knight, Earl Watson, Chucky Atkins, Carlos Arroyo, Mike James, Somebody. We'll get exploited big-time if Head plays backup PG in the playoffs.

19. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Well, since like JVG refuses to play Snyder and Wells at the same time, I say we trade Snyder and either JLIII or Vspan for a good ball handling guard.

20. Sextuple Double

I saw the pass coming towards me and I instantly spotted up for 3. I was watching the game on TV of course :D