1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 11/12/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah Omer would have helped get that crucial rebound off the missed free throw. That was the difference in the game. I couldn't understand for the life of me why they didn't sub Omer in at that point. Big mistake by Sampson.

But oh well, Houston played hard to the end.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I know you want to see Lin play great but this is not Rocky this is real life the guy is too slow... The nba has game footage on him for 30 games he has nothing new... Too timid and can barely dribble under average defensive pressure. Look at the games it seems hard for him to score last night he simply wasn't a threat or a factor.

3. Lihao

Lihao Member

agree , no reason at all to left your best defensive player on the bench when you're leading , he's very effective at the offensive end as well today

4. tonguyen

tonguyen Rookie

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

"The Miami Heat And The Referees Take Down The Houston Rockets 113-110"

"Collusion":grin:....:(

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

No shame losing to the 2012-13 NBA Champion. We had our shot, a clean open 3 that just went for total air which could of won it for us. And Harden had his, so we took our best shots at them, it didn't fall. This loss will fall on Lin because he had the best chance to get a win, but as long as we are in games, we should be encouraged. We definitely need a PF that is a scorer, if we are to compete with the big boys.

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

what? how many minutes did Gogi log by the time he became a starter? tons more than Lin, he had much more experience, practice and game time. Look up Gogi's stats his 3rd year in the league.

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Can't stop watching this. (I'm sure it has been posted, but it deserves a repost!)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AWSJcJ7KLbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Agree. Prior to the game, I was expecting a massacre. With the Heat losing big the night before, they will be very eager to regroup. It shows exactly that in the first quarter. But in the 2nd half, our team showed its potential.

So even though it's a loss, I am a happy camper.

10. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

LOL thats great

11. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Haha.

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Heat vs. Rockets offense

The most striking thing about the Heat game is the defense Harden faces vs. what Wade and James face. Harden is double teamed every time he gets it. Meanwhile, Wade and James got lots of single coverage and open shots. I think it's mainly because the heat have so many guys who can score or shoot.

This makes me think we won't know what we have in Harden until we get at least one good offensive player next to him.

13. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I heard during the broadcast that the Heat always double team the PNR. Which did leave a lot of our players open for threes.

14. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I can't believe you homers are still blaming the refs. When the Rockets lose, it's not because of the refs. It's because they are young, lack experience, and are still building chemistry.

For those that really think we were screwed by the refs last night, the Rockets shot 33 free throws. Miami only shot 20..

15. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Asik not being in there was the big coaching blunder at the end of the game. He's your best rebounder - rebounds alone are crucial at that point in the game and he's got to be in the game.

No Omer to catch the Jeremy airball.

No Omer to get the rebounds.

No Omer to try to stop layups and clog the paint on D.

No Omer to bait Bosh into going one on one at him.

I'd rather have Bosh trying to win the game for Miami than LBJ.

I believe the outcome of the game would have been different with Omer in there (despite the 3 failed Harden ISOs).

16. yunac010

yunac010 Member

I agree that the refs weren't the reason why we lost the game, but I don't think free throw attempts are good indicators of which side the refs were on. Miami kept hacking at our guys like Asik so of course they went to the line more. People are mostly complaining about some of the questionable calls in favor of the Heat.

17. Lihao

Lihao Member

disagree , Harden wasted 2 possession in iso play and force a contested 3 in the last second , coach decide to go small and sit Asik ass on the bench which cost us a critical rebound and you just gonna blame it all on Lin for one missed 3?

yup , it's air ball and ****ing embarrassing , the most awkward moment of the game? yes for sure.the main reason that cost us the loss ? hell no .it's just one of the bad play we had today . the Team lost to the defending champion because we cant close the game , not the player.

18. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The only plays that I really felt were bad calls was the loose ball foul on Morris toward the end of the game when he and Lebron went for the rebound and Lebron fell down, and the Bosh missed dunk. I guess when an all star caliber player misses a wide open dunk, the refs assume there must have been a foul.

19. Lihao

Lihao Member

the call on Haslem( is it?) when Asik felt to the ground after he attempt that spin move was ridiculous as well. :p

20. Lihao

Lihao Member

fixed