1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 11/12/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Let me answer you: KNEE problem

2. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

3. J-Red

J-Red Member

Its not hard to be positive when we are a team rebuilding and we took the defending Champs down to the final seconds. Champions win close games and that's what they did. Rebuilding team lose close games but hopefully they learn something from it and move on to the next challenge. We have a lot to be positive about right now. Getting mad doesn't change anything except your blood pressure. True story.;)

1 person likes this.
  4. zdrav

zdrav Member

Just think about how you'd be feeling if you were a Heat fan.

5. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Originally Posted by Spiegel
    The whole momentum went heats way when lin made that D league type shot or bricked it. That was a joke. i bet even douglas could have done better.

-------------
    We lost by many ways and Spiegel only wanted to blame it on Lin. The air-ball is to obvious to be blamed so he tried to find another ridiculous reason.

6. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

My guess is he may be shooting the outside shots very well in the practice and thought that he can continue during games. That could be the only reason.

7. Super Lintendo

Teams don't sign players to a new 8.3 million per year contract if they have a bad knee. Jeremy needs a good coach who believes in him and for Harden to be less selfish.

8. dragonz

dragonz Member

It was impressive that we had a chance to win.
    this forum was talking about tanking like 3 weeks ago.

1 person likes this.
  9. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Let's blame Lin only, you don't have to mention Harden. We didn't pay him for that Ray Allen like 3pt shot...he is no Ray Allen...all he can do is shooting around 33% beyond the arc. Funny how people always bring Lin's name first but Harden second almost every time we got a lost.

10. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

This...lol

11. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

That problem will be solved next season. No rush. Lin is making 5 mil this year. He will play like an true All-Star in 3 years(18+8+4+2). NO RUSH.

12. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yeah, the Heat got momentum back for all of the 10 seconds that were left in the game. :rolleyes:

13. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

I pray for Lin, hope he can control the ball

14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Okay, I have calmed down :)

In short, damn what a heartbreaking loss. :(

I'm proud the guys didn't let the big lead in the beginning get them down, quite impressive for being the youngest team in the NBA. That said, I want to again point out how ugly the offense is. I loathe "live or die by 3" offenses, but whattayagonnado :(

I STILL can't for the life of me understand why they have James running point guard for most of the game and have Jeremy who is going through a nightmare shooting slump camp at the corner three like he's Steve Novak :confused: especially when the offense flows so nicely when they're each playing their natural spots :confused: Now someone earlier mentioned it might be stamina, like they're having him play the 2 first half and let him get aggressive the 2nd half. Could be, maybe the staff are just being careful and still somewhat monitoring that knee. We saw they were still icing the crap out of it during preseason. I sure hope that it's and not just the coaches' being stupid.

Meh, Im just glad we didn't lose by 50+ like I feared. James needs to cut down on the ISOS, he had a lot of SMH moments. Marcus NEEDS to start, I've seen enough of softie Patterson. Coach Sampson exposed tonight for being a rookie as well. WTF was he thinking not having Asik in the last few minutes and the last play was ugh. Finally Jeremy better practicing those shots as I type this. He used to stare down his victims and shoot in their faces like a boss, where the hell did that swag go :confused:

This is what I heard when I saw the airball:
    <object width="350" height="263"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ytCEuuW2_A?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="263" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

15. tkf

tkf Member

I must admit. as a lin fan, that airball was disturbing..He was wide open, set and really took what was an amateur looking shot... it was not good..Lin has to get it together, I want to downplay that airball, but it bothered me a bit.. it was just that brutal and in crunch time, just downright abysmal....

I know lin has better in him than that....

16. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Hey aren't u from real gm Knicks forum?

17. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

That shows a bit of his character and maturity. I like the guy, I just wish that he would play like this more consistently.

Seeing him go up hard and dunk it was a good sign, he is a beast when he plays above the rim.

18. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Maybe it take something like this to finally wake up Lin from his slump. Here is to hope that he comes out a changed player and finds his game back.

19. ROF2012

ROF2012 Member

I know, airball is kind of ugly.Both Harden and Lin had poor shooting %.

Lin is trying to build the chemistry and Let Big O take more offensive role.

Also, I noticed that Lin still had icepack on his left knee and needs more time to recover. He can easily improve the stats with more shooting attempts in the future.

Data:

=============

Lin: 3-8(.375) 2-6 (9 pts)
    Harden: 6-17(.353) 1-6 (22 pts)

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Missed the game, sees box score, sees negativity here, not sure why

Missed the game, sees box score, sees negativity here, not sure why.

Didn't get a chance to watch the game. I thought we were going to be blown out for sure. But pleasantly surprised to see us almost winning. And here's what I got from the box score.

1. The Heat scored a lot of points. Well, they score a lot on everyone. So I can't really fault the Rockets defense here

2. Frontline seem to be huge. Parsons look like his 3 point stroke perhaps isn't that bad after all. Patterson apparently got the memo about fighting for rebounds. Asik is both shooting much better, and shooting free throws A LOT better. Absolute beastly numbers

3. TOs and offensive rebounds allowed seem okay. We didn't kill ourselves.

4. Offensive balance with 25, 22, 19, 17, 9, 8, 8 from top 6 scorers. And we scored on the Heat. Admittedly, hasn't shown their defensive form from past two years, but is still the Heat. Scoring 110 points on them is pretty damn good.

So this looked like one of those "competitive losses" that doesn't seem so bad for a young, rebuilding team. So what's the problem? Why is no one talking about the positives?