1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 11/12/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2012.

1. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yeah. If you can survive the D-League, you can survive a missed game-winner against the defending champs in a relatively meaningless game.

Hornets are a good matchup for a bounce-back game.

We want to see more backdoor passes from Lin to Harden. No more Harden ISO plays.

2. stefanb

stefanb Member

Your logic is flawed because the result of those possessions that you say Harden took too much time on resulted in made shots. There's a 24 second shot clock for a reason. The coaches probably give Harden the green light to shoot it because he's the highest paid player on the team, he's the star, and they want to see what he can really do. I agree that we should run more plays but I'm not sure Lin would be a better facilitator than Harden. Also, it is the off ball offense that matters as well. One isn't going to pass the ball to a defender. It is the off ball player's responsibility to get open, otherwise the player with the ball is forced into taking a shot.

Harden had a pretty crappy shooting night tonight, but you can't blame only Harden for this loss. Face it, your boy Lin froze up and choked with 10 seconds left on the clock. I wish he could be a superstar too because he's on my favorite team, but he shouldn't be immune from criticism. I've roasted a lot of players on the Rockets for bad games, air balls in clutch moments (Brad Miller if you even remember that), etc...

3. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Thus far, Asik has earned his new contract. I think most people were expecting him to be the guy that gets all the rebounds and blocks for the game. Yet, he has been showing up for double doubles so far and I'm happier than before. That being said, it's a sigh of relief that there is finally an optimistic thread bc there are too many shameful haters that call themselves Rockets fans. People can complain all they want about tonight's game, but I actually had a lot of fun watching. I, of course, hope for wins, but I also want more exciting games and more fan support.

4. JorgePenha

JorgePenha Member

I dont agree at 1Q we are losing by 17 points.

And Harden and Lin were fundamental to match the game.

5. stefanb

stefanb Member

Good way to school that IzakDavid13 guy, he is condescending beyond belief and thinks he's better than everybody on this board. I used to like his posts too.

6. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Stop making sense it's too much for clutchfans

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Most fun I've had at a Rockets game in YEARS. Great points by OP. Who knew Mookie was clutch and had staggering D?!?! :)

8. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

I don't know where you think Lin can't facilitate. Last game he had 8 assist just playing a lot less time than Harden. I was answering your question, not saying anything about blame. You seem to be bias against Lin in favor or Harden so please...

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

LeBron drove it in FTW on us. Asik would have been there and I am pretty sure Bosh would've choked or the pass out woulda got tipped. Asik should've been the difference maker.

10. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I was more focusing on defense.

Lin D-up LeBron and D-Wade 7 times, they only made 2 of them, scored 5 pts. Great D by Lin.

1 person likes this.
  11. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Solidz....he talks like that every post game interview when the team loses. I really wouldn't be too worried about it. He'll come through at the next game.

Did you see his interview when he spoke about Coach D getting the job in LA? If not, listen to what he had to say about how he instilled confidence in Jeremy in running the offense. Quite telling.

12. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Only if we are in the lottery. Otherwise it belongs to Atlanta via New Jersey.

13. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

scam newton is a selfish, narcissitic b****. He is not broken about himself but his teamates.

Let's see if Jeremy is strong minded enough to forget this game and come out swinging the next game.

IF he is the man some of us think he is, he shouldn't wait to play the next game .. but now with the **** y'all attitude and play the way he is comfortable with.

14. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

failed. :p

15. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

respect.. Carl Herrera..
    a most reasonable post...

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

This was a really fun game couldn't have been happier with the teams effort overall I think everyone will learn from it. Frankly Miami didn't deserve this win :p

17. shoops

shoops Member

Yeah, there were quite a few defensive lapses. The last drive by Lebron went uncontested by Pat... Didn't close well at all

18. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

You treat him like a machine... :mad:

19. zdrav

zdrav Member

Good thing is that if other teams are forced to respect Asik as an offensive threat, then it'll greatly aid Lin and Harden's game.

20. Super Lintendo

Jeremy's natural position is SG. The problem is they play the same playmaking guard role.

It's early days. If James Harden is the younger Ginobili. I can't see why Jeremy can't be the younger Tony Parker. They will jell soon enough.