1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 1/22/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2018.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

all along I was talking about drives since he was being compared to steph & kyrie. best finisher at the rim is prolly a forward or center.

so now I'm mentally deranged for saying Harden is the best scorer and producer off drives this year?

nice try LOF

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yes there is. Harden is the best and it's definitive. Driving as often as he does creates amazing opportunities and he scores a lot when he does it.

Your argument seems to be best is the highest percentage, but sometimes you hurt your team by not having Harden's driving abilities. The Celtics would be a much better team if they had Harden instead of Kyrie except that the Celtics would've had to give away a lot more than IT to make that happen.

Harden is the MVP, Kyrie is a new toy on a new team who can't drive as well as James.

3. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

I don't have a strong opinion on Kyrie. Most of it is just eye test, and Kyrie does seem to be more agile, dynamic, and contort his body in ways that Harden can't. But Harden is stronger and is better at finishing through contact.

Also, it's fair to say that the consensus opinion is Kyrie being the best finisher around the basket among small guards. Maybe that opinion is wrong, but it does exist.

Also, here's Kyrie's shot chart this season

[​IMG]

Kyrie has higher FG% around the basket while attempting more shots than Harden.

4. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

WTF do you think was meant by 'best finisher at the rim'? scoring around the basket by other means than drives is not 'finishing'? what is your IQ?

5. vlaurelio

last year he was up there in charges draw as lebron, ariza, curry so have to give him some credit for the effort and sacrifice considering he was the sole superstar of the team right?

http://stats.nba.com/players/hustle...016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&CF=MIN*GE*30

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Please stop talking about the past and answer what you directly quoted me initially saying.

Because you were the one who went off topic initially. Let's swerve back into the correct lane and not go on these tangents shall we?

7. vlaurelio

you compared curry and kyrie so I assumed you weren't talking about post-ups and put backs

stop being nit picky

harden is the best scorer off drives that's all I said and meant all along. that's where I based my 11.2 points for harden and that's where you based your 8.4 points for Lebron

stop moving goal posts

8. vlaurelio

are you talking about just 1 game or the whole season?

9. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

I didn't talk about Kyrie and Steph at first, Drogba did, and I was just responding to him. What I said from the beginning is 'finishing ability at the rim'. So anyone with common sense would know that I'm talking about general scoring ability around the basket.

Again, check you IQ.

10. vlaurelio

my IQ is fine

so you admit you mentioned kyrie & steph to me

and compared harden's 11.2 points to lebron's 8.4 points off drives? we went back and forth on that

11. don grahamleone

If we used your IQ to give out awards, Clint Capela would be the MVP of the league for his FG%. Also are you like 12? Grown men with the ability to think in a complex way don't typically ask about IQ. A person with any kind of thinking skillz can assess someone's brain without asking about an IQ.

Go away Harvard fan. We don't employ your Jerry Lin anymore.

vlaurelio likes this.
  12. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

because that was the only evidence you presented.

I actually track Harden's stats very closely, even more than you do. So I know Harden's shooting % at the rim is not the best in the league. And that is why I disagreed with you in the first place. It was never limited to 'drives.'

13. don grahamleone

pippendagimp and vlaurelio like this.
  14. vlaurelio

I thought it was. I showed my numbers based on drives and you went off on that

yeah harden, kyrie and steph aren't bigs sono one expects them to compete with Giannis and Lebron on post-ups and put backs

15. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

Capela can't create his own shot. LeBron actually can, and he can score while driving as well as post ups, put backs, etc. So probably he's the best finisher at the rim.

16. vlaurelio

Vindicator thinks that nit picking on harden is not good at post-ups and put backs
    will vindicate his idol Lin

17. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

so you think 'best finisher at the rim' doesn't include post ups and put backs? those are not considered 'finishing'?

18. don grahamleone

LeBron can but he doesn't all the time. It's like you're expecting LeBron's back door cut dunks are the same as Harden's drives when 3 defenders are in the lane. Give it up. You're losing a logical argument.

Sorry we're winning so much. Clearly this offends you deeply.

vlaurelio likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

1. you were specifically talking about harden's drive
    2. you were comparing him to kyrie and steph

so I responded that Harden is the best scorer & point producer off drives

can you STFU now LOF?

20. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

clearly you should check my post history, because all of them show me being really happy when this team wins

Also, LeBron attempts way more shots at the rim than Harden, and has 15% higher FG%. Where's the argument?