1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Heat @ Rockets 1/22/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2018.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

3 pts more shows in wins & seed

Pts as a percentage of drives? who cares

Harrison Barnes only scores 3 pts less than lebron and his efficiency is as the same as lebron but no one cares about it

you're the only one who brought that stat to nitpick harden

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

what does that have to do with deciding who's a better finisher at the rim? why do you keep changing the subject? because you know Harden isn't the best finisher, so you need to divert the discussion away from that topic. that's why.

you can literally say Harden is best at everything in basketball EXCEPT finishing ability at the rim, and I wouldn't care a bit.

go ahead and say Harden is best at everything minus finishing ability. I don't give a chit.

3. vlaurelio

LOL just based on pts off drives 11.2 (full 3 pts ahead of kyrie & lebron) this year one can easily say he's the best in finishing this year

I base it on pts.. you base it on pts percentage.. harden is leading in pts off drives. carmelo anthony leads in pts percentage

no one cares about pts percentage until you did today to nitpick harden

4. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

So Harden is the best 3PT shooter (led the league in made 3s before the injury) by your own argument? Westbrook was the best scorer last season, despite poor shooting %?

Good luck persuading other people on that

5. vlaurelio

yeah this year before injury he was as good as curry behind the arc

again stop comparing harden to wb

harden is an efficient scorer & playmaker

wb is a selfish stat-padding chucker

harden is the best scorer off drives so far this year when can agree to disagree

#965 vlaurelio, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  6. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

everything is relative. of course Harden is more efficient than WB, but compared to LeBron? you can't just ignore the 10% gap in efficiency like it's nothing. It matters a lot.

Also, just using the stats on drives is not entirely accurate. There are other ways of scoring at the rim other than drives, such as post ups and put backs.

Here's Harden and LeBron's shot chart this season:

Harden

[​IMG]

LeBron

[​IMG]

so basically LeBron has 15~16% higher FG% at the rim while attempting 142 more shots.

yellow color means average efficiency in that area. Harden's color is yellow around the rim.

sorry dude, but this pretty much settles the argument.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. vlaurelio

I thought we were just talking about drives? now you want to include post ups and put backs LOL?

so you're trying your best to move goal posts

harden is the best scorer off drives this year live with it LOF

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I get it, but we've been plagued by injuries so far this season. We're a solid top five defense when we're simply healthy. That's all it takes.

10. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

LMAO, the topic was 'best finisher at the rim'. need some reading comprehension education?

11. vlaurelio

he's the best scorer off drives this season that's what I've always said

never talked about harden's post-ups and put backs in this thread you can quote me if you want

12. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

and I was talking about Harden's ability to score at the rim in general. The discussion was never limited to 'drives', that's on you.

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Just finished watching the game.

Harden's defense when players are going to the ring, was the worst defense I have ever seen. Ever. I cannot get over how I'm not even going the Clutchfans route of overreacting when I say that. Put in some effort.

I would love Morey to have a recurring tweet after someone rewatches the game and counts all the blatant fouls Harden received where he should've gone to the line.

Tonight for instance:

'Harden shoots too many free throws': 12 blatant free throws not awarded to Harden tonight

The only thing worse than some of Harden's defense is the quality of these NBA officials.

14. vlaurelio

that's fine

harden's the best scorer and producer off drives this year

15. vlaurelio

dang I thought that thread on the rockets defense without harden put that to rest

16. don grahamleone

Kyrie cherry picks his drives. Everyone knows this, why don't you? Harden digs trenches when his team needs him, Kyrie moves to Boston when he's tired of going to the NBA Finals.

17. Vindicator

Vindicator Rookie

well, at least you can make a case for it since he does lead in total points produced on drives, and while his efficiency is not the best, it's still fine.

but what you can't say without being considered mentally deranged homer is that Harden is the best finisher at the rim IN GENERAL.

That's a clearly false statement given this shot chart.

[​IMG]

18. don grahamleone

Sometimes it's important to pass when the entry is blocked. When you cherry pick your drives you don't have to pass out of a sticky situation. Harden is a stick collector, Kyrie has a basket full of cherries.

19. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

That last possession where Harden deferred to CP3 was a thing of beauty, CP3 was looking to set up the play but Harden asks for the ball to set CP3 for to go to bucket.

TRUST

saleem likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I have been a defender of Harden's defense in the past.

You may notice I specifically mentioned his defense when players are heading to the ring with a head of steam.

Do you disagree with that assessment?