1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 4/3/2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 3, 2011.

1. rocketsmetalspd

Very good win to comeback from 14pts at one point in the game. Where are all the Scola haters and traders

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Anyone catch the ESPN recap? It said Lowry was pissed off at the end of the game and called that play where he got the busted lip a dirty play, which is exactly what I thought it was when I saw it.

So screw you Pachulia.

3. bro2044

bro2044 Member

although I want to agree... the play happened SO fast that Pachulia was probably just reacting to the defense by keeping his elbows out (because when you think you might get blocked you pull your hands and the ball back, especially if you're not an aggressive player) instead of having the ball forward. I dont think it was intentionally dirty, but I also dont think it was a foul on Lowry because he jumped straight up and got hit in the face with an elbow.

It probably shouldve just been called offensive and Lowry be tended to, but how many times does a play like that get called as offensive? never. fast break physicality is always against the defender unless its a charge. weak.

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The team has been playing so much better ever since the trades were made. They're also more fun and enjoyable to watch. Good win tonight against a solid team.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Pachulia was afraid of being blocked by 6'0 Lowry?

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Right here for the trade part. He's a good player. Unless the Rockets can get a star soon...he will be wasted.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You didn't notice the star player who assisted on that key Scola basket?

8. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Exactly, people praising Scola's clutch shooting, how about the Lowry's creation and passing?

9. Roxs-Redemption

10. LetsPartyBud

LetsPartyBud Member

I need playoffs, I cant start suffering through the Astros season just yet. Great win guys, NO please start losing

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

another day, another win

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Great win and I hope they keep it up. The bigger point today is maybe soon Morey will learn his lesson about in season trade speculation. All the chatter will probably cost the rockets the playoffs and coach. Last season, they hit a swoon around the deadline and this year they did the same. I'm all for upgrading, but get it done in the offseason or earlier in the season. The constant specualtion is just not good for any team imo.

13. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

that was indeed a great game. although we need something close to a miracle to make the playoffs, i am proud of this team. we have a lot to look forward to in the future. tanking is for losers and we have a team filled with grit and are just a few pieces away from being a perennial playoff force. i hope we retain the core of our team and adelman for years to come. this is one of my favorite rockets teams ever and we can take a lot of positive things from the way we've finished the season. still hoping for the playoffs but either way, love this team.

14. eggRoll

eggRoll Member

GG! On to the next one!

15. dartherus

dartherus Member

Exactly, real dynasties are formed of acumulated work, firing Adelman, or making extrem changes to the roster, would mean starting all over again...and that would be a HUGE mistake....

Which coach would be a really great improvement over Adelman? Willing to come to the Rockets (no fancy city, no superstar right now)?

Instead of tanking and rebuilding....why not THIS (after Brooks gone, this TEAM is more a real TEAM) roster is fixed/upgraded in very specific positions?

There is a real Superstar relatively easy to get, Deron Williams....a big Defensive C could also be gotten....

Rockets has plenty of assets (2 ways of gaining, getting rid of some players to make the roster a little smaller and more compact rotation) to make it happen and have real improvement, without breaking up this chemistry that cost so much to build (remember early in this season)....Don't you think it would be a better path?

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2010/gamelog/

Actually, that didn't happen.

Post-trade deadline record:

Last season: 14-15

This season (so far): 13-5

But I agree. All the "No one is untouchable" "Me want a superstar" slutty talk from Morey is annoying and distracting. Work on a trade if you want, just don't moan about it.

17. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I know it sounds funny, lol but it happens. Sometimes its not how tall a player is, but how aggressive you are vs them, and if you know they can jump higher than you. His lifted elbow hit Lowry's face (ahead lift yours and say your faces wouldnt be close in line), telling me Pachulia cant jump haha.