1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hawks @ Rockets 2/2/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 1, 2017.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Way to go Gordon:

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lol Beverly:

Os Trigonum and Vivi like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Gordon is injured enough to be playing this badly, then he should not be playing.

If Gordon is going to play through injury, then he can't be this bad.

Remlap and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

again who cares. I'm looking at the L the team just took in pretty pathetic fashion not worried about someone's mvp status

Vivi likes this.
  5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

This team will be fine. I just have to scale back my expectations. They are a team that will make the playoffs and possibly win a series. The Spurs, Warriors and Clippers are still ahead of us and possibly a few other teams. I am not gonna blame them for over-achieving earlier in the season or if Morey does not make a trade at the deadline. Hopefully with another off-season of drafting, signings, and that kid in China we can improve next season...and by improve I mean stay 3rd in the West.

Ugh, Bulls tonight. It's starting to feel like last season where I am dreading playing these bad-mediocre EC teams, especially ones around 7-10th seed or ones on losing streaks. They just seem to want it more than the Rockets.

hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This loss is hitting me like a playoff loss. I'm staying off of all media sites just to avoid seeing the storylines. Can't. Let. It. Go.

Deuce, Ramo$e, Clutch and 3 others like this.
  7. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

It was rough to watch. I'll probably avoid games until after the All-Star break, when we know for sure if they're just tired or have regressed back to last year.

8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I thought Arizas three at the end went in. It sucked when I realized it didn't. It wasn't that bad though, I am getting used to the Rockets doing this after the Heat, Bucks, and Grizzlies games.

Once teams know how to guard you other teams quickly copy and learn it. The NBA is too smart these days. Scouts are everywhere. Mike is a smart coach, but he needs more plays to get guys open at the rim. If he had one of those in the last 3-4 minutes of the 4th the Rockets win. We were up 10 with 3 minutes left and the Rockets did not score once until the Hawks took the lead.

9. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The problem is you watch the games and hope the Rockets get blown out when they lose so you can turn it off. The worst is watching the entire game thinking it's over in the 4th up 20+ only to see the Rockets choke it away like that. This 4th quarter has been a problem for the Rockets all season. Teams make adjustments, shooters get tired, threes stop falling.

Some of it was probably nerves last night. The Rockets have not had any close games for a while. The game gets close in the 4th and its like they forget how to execute.

10. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

For the month of January, Gordon shot 29% from 3-point range....

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

February gonna be 25%

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. Rockets4Life13

Players learn from veterans that have been in the league for a longer time. I blame brewer for our 3-shot struggles.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  13. eman

eman Contributing Member

Looks like we've become the Great Gummy Bear for second-tier NBA players, each of whom has his beyond-belief, staggering-outlier, career-high production against our efence.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it has been cut right back, just look at Andre Drummond, Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan's free throw attempts this season, they are all way down on last season because of the rule changes

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Biggest choke job of the year, narrowly edging out the SA and OKC games. I miss the team from two years ago when, fueled by epic 4th quarter play by Harden, we would always pull out close games. This team now looks like last year's team, inconsistent defense, frittering away big leads, and shrinking down the stretch in big moments. There are some serious issues with this team. At first I thought it was just a rough stretch, but now I'm beginning to think that this is who we were all along and we just got hot/caught teams by surprise earlier in the season. There's simply been too many times where we have a game in hand and we straight up choke it away. Some of that should definitely fall on MDA too. Just a terrible performance all around from everyone in the 4th. Giving up 38 points in 9 minutes is a joke, just unreal.

If you watched the 4th quarter of that game and you aren't royally pissed off as a result, you aren't a real fan man lol.

Beginning to think this too.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I trust the Rockets about as much as I trust the Cowboys. I don't expect this team to do anything come playoffs...unless we address that God-awful defense. And, the only way to do that is to get a new face or two. Bunch of chumptards under the rim.

#1136 Surfguy, Feb 3, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I turned the game off up 16, confident the Rockets won.... MY MISTAKE!

MDA coached teams have never handled adversity well, because MDA doesn't handle adversity well..... lets see how all this plays out.

I don't have a good feeling about all of this.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

we need to make a trade. bad.

19. Rocketeer4Life

I agree with Gordon. But Ariza has been so disappointing since last season. He probably would have one good game offensively for every 10 to 12 games. That's really subpar performance for a starter in this offense, even if he is just a role player.

20. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Maybe we (Rockets fans) are to blame for sucking at home. Did you guys see how empty the TC was last night? It sounded dead with no energy. I don't care about Super Bowl weekend. Maybe if the Rockets weren't 3rd in the NBA.

I haven't been hitting up any Rockets games, but I will be in the second half of the season and playoff games. The TC needs some ENERGY!

Ramo$e likes this.