1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 3/4/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Houston79Astro

What?? So you are saying Terry handles the ball better? Or maybe Dmo does? Brewer? You must be talking about Ariza's sweet handles then. I will agree prigs isn't the best shooter, but it's not like he shoots a ton... Prigs isn't some amazing player who doesn't get minutes. He is savvy vet who lifts a burden off the better player's shoulders. The dude isn't the backup pg... He should be harden's personal backup.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

with the non-call, technically that's what happened. but i see your point, just more fuel for their narrative. eh, facked by the media, facked by refs, we've been facked so much we're looser than a wizards sleeve...

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Bad loss.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He got hit across the arm hard. I mean, what else can you ask for? That's just how Harden plays, he sticks out his arms. It's one thing if he actually jumped into the defender to try to get contact, but he was going for the ****ing win and got fouled. It's ridiculous you would have this attitude about it. I usually don't complain about the refs, but they really blew it this time.

I don't even care to hear the I'm sorry the league will give us. This was a huge game and they screwed the last call.

5. Remix

Remix Member

It's no coincidence in a game where the Rockets shot 5 FT's (1 FT in the entire 2nd half) that the game ended in a a missed foul with seconds left in the clock.

Refs came in with an agenda and this is what resulted

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

If prigs is in the game it's not like he gets the ball to run the offense. He passes the ball just as quickly as Beverley does so it doesn't matter if he handles the ball better.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

5 FTs, in a low scoring division matchup with playoff intensity at home, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Tough loss on a highly questionable play.

On the brightside...
    Rockets best hopes still depend on Dwight. Houston (from whatever seed) can repeat '95 if Howard returns at 80% of last year's postseason. If not, oh well anyway. Our bench is certified. There isn't enough bad calls to overcome a healthy Rockets lineup.

#868 Houstunna, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  9. rocketsmetalspd

I hope McGee sees Houston as his best option.

1 person likes this.
  10. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I guarantee you if Rockets are coached by Popovich we would not have lost to the Hawks and Grizzlies.

1 person likes this.
  11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden, byebye, Scoring Title.

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

NBA's gonna be like

[​IMG]

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

What does this even mean? There's no way for you to even support this so how is this relevant

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I am not pissed off any more when thinking about Morey did nothing at trade deadline.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If Westbrook keeps his trend going and Harden does the same he can say goodbye to the scoring title and MVP. He should be taking way more than 16 shots. But that's not his game

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

I'm irrationally upset that @HoopsCritic is insisting that it wasn't a foul... I guess I'm just looking to direct my anger.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Z Bo did not acknowledge foul. His arm was carried up by harden as harden went up with the ball

18. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

If we lose to the Pistons on Friday, we could become the 6th seed...

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Exactly, a very simple rule to follow. If a guy as strong as ZBO touches that ball it's either going down or he's grabbing it.

Man the Rockets have to complain about it. Give the media a quoatable and now they are forced to look back over it and ask "Was it a foul? Was it correct?" then the next question you'll hear on sports talk shows is about if the Refs sometimes just decide before the game "No FTs for Harden tonight."

Remember when Carmelo complained about it? Then it became an issue, then it becomes a storyline. If you just go out and continue to say the cliche "We could have done this or that better." nothing gets done, the refs continue to officiate your team however the hell they want to, they know no one that matters is questioning it.

Harden was a little mad earlier but everyone else gave the same cliche. "That's what was called, moving on now."

Remember Phil Jackson people, he gave no _____ about fines and whined about refs all the time. It worked.

20. Houston79Astro

Your right about that, but it's better to have a ball handler out there just in case you need to slow things down or bring the ball up the court (couch Terry cough). When Harden is not on the floor (or even Beverly for that matter) the offense goes down the toilet and becomes a 3pts contest (contested).