1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/23/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Soneca

Soneca Member

I'd take Chalmers all day on the Rox, even before CP3's injury. I think Rockets' depth is as good as anyone's in the league, though we could use a veteran as our 3rd string PG. CP3 being out hurts us in terms of getting things settled aiming the bigger goals, but we still have the best PG in the league so we can argue if it

As for the Grizz, completely honest here, do you like their wing rotation (Parsons......)? I really like what I'm seeing from the Grizz, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't pick them to finish ahead of the Clippers and OKC as of now (though I'd be extremely glad if that's the case, finishing in 4th and making the Warriors sweat in the 2nd round). Conley and Gasol are late bloomers and are playing great bb, but I reckon they'd need a little bit more help.

Good to have other fans around who are not trolls. Hope you loose tonight though, obviously.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Just win

3. Soneca

Soneca Member

Forgot something, sorry: Tyreke sux, c'mom!

4. what

what Member

Tyreke is not a complete player, but that is why he cost us,1.5 million per year. He may not be the best player, but illl take a 12 point 5 board player for 1.5 million any day of the week. Hes a bargain for his production.
    The problem with the grizzlies last year was quailty depth. This year we have that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The grizz more talented than Houston.

Now that is biased bro.

I like Memphis always have respect for Gasol and Conley.

But cmon they don't have any top 10 even 15 players on the team.

Having harden alone makes us favorites by 7.5 going into tonight then you factor in ego Capela Ariza Tucker LMM and nene and possibly Ryno.

Common that's a stacked deep team my guy.

And the second best player isn't even playing in cp3.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Grizzlies are always tough, I realize they may win this game.

Marc, i don't know... he may not be a top 10 player but some nights he can easily be the best player on the floor. They are a tough team...

I think though @what is underestimating how good Harden is and how sharp our shooters can be. Rockets have played good defense this year as well. Should be a good game.

7. what

what Member

Ill admit i dont understand the rockets and how they win games. I know it has something to do with the 3 ball.

8. macan

macan Member

didn't he have the same problem some time last season as well?

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It's not really hard to understand.

Killatron 2000 and Salvy like this.
  10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

How you get to 12 points matters dude. Tyreke could average 30 points a game and 1.5 million would still be overpaying him.

hakeem94 and Soneca like this.
  11. sheb

sheb Member

He’s being traded for Bledsoe

macan and hakeem94 like this.
  12. touring_low

touring_low Member

I expect the Grizzlies to foul a ton like they always do. Harden and EG should combine for 20 FTs.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Just came across an article that says Bledsoe sent home, and unlikely to play again for the Suns. Is this what you are alluding to, or just a mere guess?

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Every Memphis game at Toyota Center always seems to be close. Will be a tough game.

15. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Probably the one he got under cut and landed on his back. IIRC it might have been the one that someone airballed from the opposite corner.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Yeah that was a hard fall. As much as I think Ryno is a little tit out there. He's still a good dude, that wasn't cool to see happen.

SIL

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Fother Mucker. No Ryno?? Grizzlies already flustered GSW. Now no Anderson. Wait. He was at home. Can't hit ocean from the beach at home.

Going to have to grind this one out. Big DONG NENE is going to have to get physical. Good game for PJ. Also need Tariq Black to muscle some of these pudwackers up. This is going to be a game we wish we had Chris Paul to check Conley.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Anderson already injured. Dude is an overpaid walking injury waiting to happen.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Going to this game..i have a pretty good record...like 7-2 the last couple years including playoff games

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

perception of our front office is telling when fan equate 'questionable' with 'ya he's not fuking playing tonite' :D

and await the "out for several weeks' to follow shortly