1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/23/2007 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 21, 2007.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Wow he was third option but now moving to fifth option - why is Battier ahead of him this year then and not last year? And I have yet to see how the concept of 6th option works - are we playing 6 man football here? :confused:

...and LMFAO at a hardcore YOF complaining about people playing favorites with players.

Hey, ToothYanker, I think there's a Bucks game on - you better get on your Yi Jersey!

2. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

I was told because all his teammates sucked tonight so he had to carry the team on by himself and he made this team better though not his teammates which is not his responcibility.

3. gta

gta Member

right, everything is JVG's fault

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Worst game I have seen Yao play in sometime. Landry might be a keeper. Francis is fun to watch when he goes playground. When it is time for "one on one" he is the one. TMac just wanted to go home. MJ is a bit of a ball hog, but he can shoot and finish at the rim. Thankfully it is over. No wait, continued tomorrow night. But why?

5. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

he defies all human logic

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He made the team better but not his teammates? That doesn't really make sense. It just shows you that James is better off at the 2-Guard. Heck, even Steve had more assist and less turnovers.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

when it went into the second overtime you can see him mouthing it to the crowd. he was just having fun it looked like, though i'm sure he really did want to leave. bonds would have left.

8. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

wow we had 26 TOs..memphis had 11...****in sad

9. choujie

choujie Member

This game again showed how underrated Rafer is by some of the Rockets fans.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

You must have never seen Bill Russell play. I love Yao, but he is no Bill Russell. Russell was one of the best defensive centers ever.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

ugh james clearly is not suited to be the primary guy with the other starters...he was pounding the ball more than anyone out there today when other people were wide open...even tmac kept calling for it and james just didnt pass...one the breaks he never looked for the wing just tried to take it up the court himself. as much as people say francis doesnt fit into RA's system yet i think james is the same way. of course its just one preseason game and i cant jump to any real conclusions just yet, but the offense did not seem to flow as well without rafer in there amongst the starters. francis seemed a lot more willing to give up the ball even with the scrubs in the last minutes.

fun game to watch i wished novak hit that 3 to end it in regulation it would have made my day...wished it went into a third OT as well.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Why do we have to chose between one extreme or the other?

Why does it have to be either "everything was his fault" or "he was not at fault at all?"

The answer is somewhere in between.....He was 99% at fault.

No man should take all the blame when it comes to a team game. Not even if it was he who put that team together in the first place.

#832 Zboy, Oct 23, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  13. krockets

krockets Member

I don't see mike james making the team better, I just see him attempted 17 shots while Yao/Tmac only attempt 11 each.

14. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

You're kidding me right? West was in love with Gay and would've done anything to land him. You're right about one thing though, the Rockets wouldn't have drafted Gay, but that falls with JVG.

Battier was the only untouchable. LMAO. That's why he's here and Gasol is still there...

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2006/06/not_happy_with_gay.html

Read that article and all the responses

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yao was tearing things up tonight man.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

But it is the responsibility of the point Guard Position to set the other players up. The Point Guard is the one to run the show by making his team mates better!!
    NOT HIMSELF!!!!:p

17. devin23

devin23 Member

Exactly what i've been emphasizing.

18. krockets

krockets Member

No doubt Yao and Tmac play like sh*t tonight, but still, I am pissed about the fact that mike james think he is the mr. big shot..

19. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

anyone else find the game amusing?

i couldn't help but laugh when the second time came and the Rockets bench was praising the rooks for every shot made.

we would have ended it an OT early if only we didnt give the ball to Luther to bring it up the court.

My analysis:
    1. It was sort of boring. Got funny in the end.
    2. Mike James can make a lot of shots, but he attempts a lot and at times I noticed T-Mac was getting frustrated just waiting for the ball
    3. Landry's got some game.
    4. Francis should have ended that game a long time ago but he kept trying to give Novak the winning shot. And I hope it wasn't his lack of lateral movement that let Lowry go by him so much ... I'll just be optimistic and say he wasn't trying too hard, which I mostly agree with.
    5. Luther's handles are still too shaky.
    6. Our team was cracking up just as much as I was during the game.

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If my memory serves me well, wasn't Bill Russell a Power Forward!! :p