1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/4/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2015.

1. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

That was Griffin's first game back. He clearly wasn't in shape.

2. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

No way this will be east. Hoping rockets are more focused this series. They need to be engaged all 4 quarters

3. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

This. All the media see Clippers won a grueling game 7 and think that they will be in the WCF. But closer to reality is that Rockets is clearly superior team here. A gimpy CP3 is an easy cover for Ariza/Brewer. JMoove can handle dribble-happy Griffin. They got absolutely nobody to stop Harden. Also I don't think Jordan and Griffin are good defenders to stop playoff Dwight/JSmoove. Their bench is super thin.

I see this series similar to Dallas series, a gentleman's sweep. Rockets takes 2 games at home, steals 1 in LA, and closes out in Game 5.

4. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I think with the Rockets the keys to winning remain consistent and become more important with each round:

Play intense defense. Minimize open shots. Keep an eye on the ball. Don't let up ever.

Limit the turnovers. You go up against the Clippers or Warriors with those lazy passes and broken plays and they'll kill you in ways the Mavs couldn't fully take advantage of.

And making them pay for the intentional hacking tactic would be really cool, too.

I think the Rockets' ultimate success depends on how well they pull this stuff off.

5. Amir's Johnson

Even though the Rockets announced Bev won't be back this season, I've been told he will be back after May 20th.

6. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Three keys for this series:

1. Transition Defense
    2. Half court Defense
    3. Free throw

That's all.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

you wonder if Rivers will go deep into his bench and rest CP3, basically conceding game 1

8. Badrose

Badrose Member

The factor is going to be rebounds (and fouls trouble). It's hard guys, really hard...

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Not me, Warriros got a break 2 why not us

10. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

i seriously doubt it

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's when his cast comes off. And even then, its going to depend on how he's feeling after that date. Knowing Bev, I think he's coming back May 20th as soon as he's cleared.
    That being said...
    1) We have to beat Clips first, not an easy series.
    2) Golden State looks unstoppable right now. Maybe Memphis beats them up a bit and we see some vulnerabilities, but right now they look crazy good.
    3) DAMN IT DMO.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dwight v DeAndre will be epic. This is the series we need Batman. James has to bring it every game. They have the star power to match, If our guys can win those matchups I have much more faith in our bench than in theirs. Rockets in 6.

13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Fortunately don't think we'll see this vs the clips ... Would have loved to play the Spurs but I'm extremely relieved to be facing another team with a crappy ft shooter

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I forgot how to embed tweets...

Arash Markazi ✔@ArashMarkazi
    "Doc said he's very concerned about Chris Paul. How concerned? He said if he had to guess he would not play Game 1 on Monday."
    10:06 PM - 2 May 2015

15. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Red nation 6 point favs. All you doubters - easy money for you

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Just remember:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard didn't play in any of the Rockets' 4 meetings with the Clippers this season.</p>&mdash; John Schuhmann (@johnschuhmann) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/594705718219055104">May 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I thought he played in one of those.......

18. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

The only way for an epic Dwight vs DeAndre will be Hack-a-Dwight vs Hack-a-DeAndre. After a 6-hour, 150 FT marathon, Silver had to call an emergency governors meeting to ban Hack-A on the spot.

Other than that, Dwight sv DeAndre will not be close. Dwight is a 2-way best center in the league. While DeAndre only does put back on offense, and is actually a poor post defender.

19. Flop

Flop Member

You can tell espn la, lakers fans, and other fans who hate dwight are all huge clippers fans all of a sudden. I wonder if hollywood stars will show up for this game. Bandwagonners.

The nba knows how to sell drama. The rockets got revenge on dallas for stealing parsons in round one, and the lake...clippers fans will want revenge for taking dwight from them in round two.

20. Flop

Flop Member

Neither did most of the nba. Outside of the last two meetings the clippers have been tough for the rockets. Jordan looks like the other jordan against us. Deandre can counter dwight and you can tell he is looking to get paid. I have no idea how they stop harden, but they do. I think they wear him out on defense by making him chase crawford and reddick through screens when he is on the floor.

Cp3 is gonna take advantage of our pg situation.