1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/17/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 15, 2015.

1. ibm

ibm Member

that's why i never tune to 790. 610 is the best!

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not big on superstitions, anti-jinxes, etc….in fact i'd love for harden to go right up to doc rivers 45sec before tipoff and wink at him with a whisper "we go this" :grin:

in the words of mario in the lockerroom after game 6 against PHO 1995….

"i don't care where or the history coming back down 3-1 it don't matter, i have ultimate confidence in this team that we will win that game sunday"

in the words of barkley postgame podium game 6 @ SEA 1997…..

we WILL win game 7, i don't give a damn what y'all think…..and we WILL, WE WILL WIN GAME 7

3. cocoadough

cocoadough Member

I would really love to see Dwight defending Blake more in game 7. Blake seems to have his way with smaller guys but I don't see him being as effective with the strong Dwight on him. Just hope he stays out of foul trouble and plays smart

4. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

5. htown7829

htown7829 Member

I stopped listening after Bayless said "his" spurs would have swept the rockets

6. jdhu

jdhu Member

Man. I know we are just fans, but there is too much kool-aid drinking. This is a 50/50 game (actually less than 50 for the Rockets, according to Vegas). I'm not even cautiously optimistic, only hopeful.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Make or break game for Harden of all players this game. Teammates bailed him out last game since he was under the weather. He should be much better for game 7 and needs to put a stamp on the game for all 48 minutes. Doesnt matter how much he scores, but like many have already pointed out, dude needs to do everything else.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Teams that lose game 6 at home go on to win game 7 at home...34-4

However doc rivers has never won a game 7 on the road ever

9. delta69er

delta69er Member

Why can't it just be Sunday already?

10. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

??? Which one is home vs away

11. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Cool story bro. I'll keep this in mind the next time the NBA goes to a 2-3-2 format.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Sorry mean win game 7 on the road. My bad

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Meant game 7 on the road

14. clutz

clutz Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On momentum, pressure, and what carries over into Rockets-Clips Game 7: <a href="http://t.co/nliqFYUQ0Y">http://t.co/nliqFYUQ0Y</a> <a href="http://t.co/PicCkCKVCs">pic.twitter.com/PicCkCKVCs</a></p>&mdash; Rob Mahoney (@RobMahoney) <a href="https://twitter.com/RobMahoney/status/599731731457974272">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Rockets are ONE game away from the Western Conference Finals. Why come this far and not go? They are due the COMPLETE GAME. They have not had one throughout the playoffs. No big leads and lose them, no miraculous comebacks, just one complete game from start to finish with aggressive defense, accurate shooting, and minimal mistakes or turnovers. Why not here? Why not now? Why not us?

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

teams have been killing us with pg/pf pick and rolls, like absolutely killing us, and we stagger his minutes away from Dwight Howard. Yeah his defense has been meh, but seriously, he's spending most of his time sitting away from the play on Matt Barnes in a corner and he hasn;t been giving up back door cuts (which is the **** he used to do on the guy taking no part in the offense).

#196 Aleron, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
  17. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Not going quietly into the night.

[​IMG]

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I agree with you. I think the Clippers will come out strong. They are a bad match-up for the Rockets, they have generally outplayed us for years and are experienced in being in the same situation they are in now. I don't know how anybody could watch this series and think automatically that the Rockets are going to breeze to victory.

I'm proud of the Rockets, though. Win, or lose, they have had a fantastic season and did themselves proud by coming off the mat to bring this series back to Houston.

19. RCPM

RCPM Member

GO ROCKETS! I BELIEVE!!!

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The belief in miracles..:)

The Clippers have found stretches of basketball that have been demoralizing and then find ways to choke. Sure they took a huge step by beating the defending champs, but they did that at their place. Essentially by having one more possession. Both teams showed lack of poise. The Rockets when starting off and the Clippers trying to close out.
    But in the words of Hakeem, closing out is the hardest:
    Who is going to be our Mario Elie??

The Rockets finally had their bench awake, while the Clippers bench remained quite. This series was always about whose bench stepped up. The Clippers bench usually play well at home and struggled off it. The Rockets and the team is going to be amp-ed up...but they should just focus on playing ball. Focus on having fun, and focus on coming out victorious. I ripped the team for a terrible game 1 performance, and my Heartless thread was what most Houstonian's felt after that initial performance. Tomorrow's game is why Homecourt is truly an advantage. Game 7 at Home in front of your fans. The Clippers were charged up by their crowd at home for their game 7 against San Antonio. The Rockets will be by theirs. GO ROCKETS...We want Golden State!!! Harden we need you to be you!