1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/12/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 11, 2015.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Game was won on defense and getting Jordan in early foul trouble.

2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Absolutely...ON.THE.MONEY. We brought an energy/effort, especially on D that had not previously been seen in this series. Concise and to the point sir.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Hope my prediction after game 3 doesn't stand

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harden deserves a lot of credit for having a big game. I think he will be able to shoot the 3 ball better in Game 6, after regaining leg strength because of dehydration.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We all do, Glide, we all do.

6. don grahamleone

There were at least 5 instances that I was saying "no no no" to a player and then he'd make a play. I love moments like that where I'm wrong. It's in those moments that being a fan is perfect. One was by Jones tonight where he faked the 3 and drove. I so wanted him to put up a three and he so wanted to make a bucket instead. I love being wrong sometimes!

7. don grahamleone

I think my favorite moment was in the 4th quarter when Josh Smith hit that three. He had just hit a 12 footer from the right side and then he hoisted that three from the top of the key. I thought to myself while the ball was in the air 'might as well'. When it swished I knew life was good.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Delaying the inevitable, but it was nice to get one last "good win" before the season ends. Pretty much the first game of the playoffs where I thought everyone played relatively well. I do kinda like Jones off the bench with Smith starting, gives Smith less time with the ball in his hands to cough it up to the other team.

Thursday will be a loss, but damn I hope we at least make it competitive. Have some pride, Rockets.

9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Josh Smith three, amirite?

10. don grahamleone

Yeah, Josh only had one bad turnover where he was trying to hit Brewer, if my memory serves. It was a good idea if it happened a fraction of a second earlier. That Smith to Dwight Super Friends alleyoop was awesome though. His 9, 7 and 4 with only 2 TOs was big. And to think, he's capable of so much more. We have a great chance at winning this series. The inevitable might be the offseason when we have to choose whether to pay our guys to come back.

11. AuburnRocket

Man, I hear you.Obviously, we all have those moments.My point is no matter what one's opinion, I don't believe one poster has the right to curse another. It's very disrespectful IMO. I hope if I ever do that (I've been close but as far as I know I've never cursed anyone).

Bottom line is people have different opinions and that doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong. I have a big problem when one supposes everyone must agree with them....there OPINION is worth no more than another. They can post supporting data to support their position...but calling people curse words and names is over the line. JMO.

12. don grahamleone

He was 1 for 3. So two of them might have been the case. I'm right about his shots going in when they're in the air about 75% of the time. He just has this look about him when it's going to go in. If it's smoove, it goes in. If it's Jank Smith, it shows. Overall though, that dude can ball in big moments. We wouldn't have won in 5 against Dallas without him.

13. don grahamleone

That's over, AR, it's all smoove sailing from here. ;)

14. don grahamleone

Anyone check out the +/- numbers tonight? Everyone was either positive or neutral, but Brewer. Brewer was -1. I don't think we win the game without Brewer so I'm going to chalk this win up to EVERYONE did really well. No one for the Clippers was net positive in the minutes they played. Jordan was neutral in 24 minutes while everyone else was negative. Put that on Dwight, Smith and Jones. They handled him really well. So do McHale. The timing on the Hack-a-shaq plays was really well timed.

15. AuburnRocket

Yeah man. So, what's your take on game 6 ? Afraid the guy you just responded to is probably correct. This is also IMO the first time we've really shown up this series. Tonight's team shows up, it will be very interesting. The previous team shows up the guy is correct, they'll kick our teeth in. Here's hoping for tonight's team and getting back to Htown.

16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

The three he hit was a definite NO NO NO NO NO YESSSSSSSSS moment.

17. don grahamleone

I really like our chances in game 6. Adversity is nothing new to this team. Faced it all year. Always answered in a positive way. This feels like a very different team than we've had in a while. I think we pull away late and win game 6 by a big enough margin that we're not sweating the last 30 seconds.

Think about this: we haven't seen Dwight play his best, or Harden and we haven't shot the three well yet. The law of averages is upon the Rockets, not the Clips.

Oddly enough, that was not a no no no yesss moment for me. I literally thought, 'might as well', before he even shot it. I think I might have laughed right after it went in.

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Praying to God we force a game 7 and that we can then shat all over the Clippers in Houston and make them go home. I will then be one series away from telling the girl I like that I love her... and I have no idea what she'll say back to me.

The...... anticipation is real.

19. AuburnRocket

Wow, I like your feeling ! Not feeling that but man PLEASE be right. Good night.

20. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

It was a solid win, we brought the energy from early on and while we didn't score enough to get on a run, we did play hard defense and just kept fighting through it. So pissed off we didn't start the series like this. We should've been up 3-2 if we had brought this kind of effort and getting guys involved. That's the only thing many fans asked for, to bring the effort! Glad Howard admitted in the post-game interview they quit before and he has to stay on the floor and not get caught up in the bs.

Also good he mentioned they have to believe, which was also brought up by fans in here. It seemed like before they didn't believe they could beat this team and looked like a team that did not believe they could win. Well, tonight proved we can hang with the Clippers and even destroy them! McHale made some key adjustments as well as the players, which was settle for less threes, defend the pick and roll head on, let Ariza stick with the shooters and insert Smith into the starting line-up.

It was an impressive win, because we didn't even play our best ball, still a lot of easy shots we gave up, tried to get DJ his 5th foul to the point where Dwight didn't make a basket 3 times in a row, didn't hit out threes and Harden was ill. How he got a triple-double is baffling, so give credit where credit is due. Only Pablo was not very effective so glad to see he was subbed out quickly for the Jet who brought it. Jones was also pretty solid by attacking Griffin, so please stop the Jones hate.

Let's bring the same effort and force a game 7!