1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/12/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 11, 2015.

1. SemisolidSnake

Pick your poison, Rockets. Lose with humiliation in front of your fans or lose with even more humiliation amongst a bunch of insufferable Los Angelites. At least if you lose at home, it won't take long to get back to your houses.

Hate to be so negative, but they're not winning this series short of a complete sea change among all of them, except Dwight. I'd love to hear of team leader Dwight bawling them all out for playing like pansies while he's busting his ass out there. Doubt that's happening, though.

If they just lay off the threes, pound the paint the entire game, and actually play transition offense and defense, I'll consider that a win in my book.

1 person likes this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Same could be said for Dwight. Focus on the game, yeah they are out to get into your head and make you throw punches, but there is nothing you can really do about that.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Shhhhh. Just close your eyes. It will all be over soon.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Why even make a game thread

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Will likely get their s$it pushed in again. The team has quit.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Wanting it to be over ain't much different from not caring. Either way, that's what it looks like to me.

We'll see how they respond(well, at least those of us who still tune in will see). Generally, teams down 3-0 or 3-1 come out one of two ways in an elimination game. They either lay down and quit like the Raptors did in Game 4 vs. the Wizards. Or they give it everything they've got because they can't stomach the thought of their season ending like the Bucks in Games 4 and 5 vs. the Bulls.

7. SemisolidSnake

I made it into the third quarter two games ago. We were down by about 7, I went away to do something for a few minutes, came back, and they were down by 30. After putting my eyes back in their sockets, I turned the TV off.

Made it through halftime of the last game.

I'll give them one quarter this game. If they don't come out and give it everything they've got, I'll call it a great season with a disappointing end after 12 minutes. I'm proud of what they did this season, but that's what stings the most: they had the skill but just didn't have the mental fortitude and focus to take it through the playoffs. Maybe next year we can have a coach that demands that.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This team quit 2 games ago. They are done. There isn't any point in showing up. And even if they magically win. They will get destroyed in LA by 40 this time.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So these are the kinds of stunts they are pulling now, hoping to fill the arena?

10. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, I didn't see what happened with all that, cause I turned the game off. He needs to keep his cool, and he knows better. Still, the guy just came off of experimental knee surgery, and looks more athletic than he ever has as a Rocket. It's a pretty amazing comeback, and I feel bad for him having to watch his team lose in such stupid ways.

Learn to keep your cool and make free throws in the off-season, Dwight.

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Can they play hard? You are not a group of the YMCA kids to play for a fun.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Well, that is McHale's gameplan to avoid elimination. Play harder.

1 person likes this.
  13. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

This should be a win. The whole team should not talk about the series etc, just focus on this one game, and do something/anything a little bit better than last few games, like being more disciplined on defense and moving legs/bodies and the ball a little bit more on offense.

We still have the talent to win this game, now whether they have the will, let's wait and see.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

IF we come out lackadaisical and lethargic in the 3rd quarter yet again, I'm gonna cause some trouble around Houston.

Enough of this ****.

McHale - get the guys ready to play hard every minute. It's the least you can do *******

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oj16vfbsM9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. rocketsmetalspd

Just get the W and go back to LA and try and compete on their court and steal another W by any means necessary!!

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, he has only one plan to play hard, but his players refuse to do so. What else can we say?

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just don't get blown out.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.