1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/5/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

This team plays at its competitors level so expect a switched on team

topfive and BaselineFade like this.
  2. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Wow I didn't think we would be favored. Someone out there believes in our team. You were pretty spot on. It will probably be a pick em by tomorrow, or Clippers by 1. I don't know if I have the heart to bet on this one. Maybe I'll grow a pair by tomorrow.

HP3 likes this.
  3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Lol

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

being at home played the part. Had the game been in LA, it would be flipped. nonetheless tomorrow's game is probably going to be a good one just like the Boston game

ak99999 and BaselineFade like this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the wait is agonizing

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I bet heavy on us as underdogs against the Celtics and was ready to do so again tomorrow night. But for some reason now that we are favoured I’m leaning towards not betting.

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Worthless signing.

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

the rockets ended up being favored before the game started against boston

9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

If the public bets heavily on the Clippers and the spread swings to Clipps - 2.5 I would consider it. This is a tough game to bet on a either way for me. If I take the Rockets even in a pick em it would be based solely on emotion.

BamBam likes this.
  10. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Clippers are still the Clippers. We own them. Boring win. Book it. Go Rockets!

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Really? Did not know that. I can’t remember definitely but I’m pretty sure I locked it in either the night before or that morning when the money line was 2.05x

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. sometimes its a good or bad thing to wait just before game time depending on what side someone wants to take. obviously sometimes it doesn't matter also. it's that piece of mind that can screw someone over sometimes. but hey that's why its called gambling haha

13. RCPM

RCPM Member

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’ve definitely been burned by betting too early before. Whether it’s late scratches from line ups that would have made me avoid the game or that made me miss out on much better odds. These days with so many people sitting games out it’s usually best to wait.

Also I won big tonight. Made a big bet on Memphis moneyline (2.05x) And have a medium bet on a three game parlay of OKC, Utah and Portland moneyline (2.12x) that should pan out with Lillard back.

Now I’m not so sure I want to risk my winnings on the Rockets tomorrow.

YOLO likes this.
  15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If we had taken care of business against the Knicks, this game would have been for the #2 seed (unless we don't have tiebreaker against Denver).

Obviously hope we will win, expecting us to lose to the next sub-.500 team even if we do though.

16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

1st quarter is important, I hope Houston can blow them, otherwise it is difficult to play. Hope they are not dreaming for defence. I think Nuggets dont want to play with Clippers and more prefer to play with Houston. They are using some stragery to choose their playoff opponent. I think Houston better get the 2nd seed, if they want the championship this year

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

WE WILL WIN!!!!

Killatron 2000 and BaselineFade like this.
  18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Who's calling the game?... Please no Reggie!

bro2044 likes this.
  19. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I suggest to start Harkinstein or Tyson for ten minutes. The remaining time are for small ball. It can enhance the rotation and the small ball players have more power and energy to run and defence. Hope MDA see this approach

20. Caprah

Caprah Member

Russ and harden combine for 85 points and tucker his usual 0 points and 5 missed point blank layups. Covington 18 points 10 boards