1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/29/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 28, 2014.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

2. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Rockets will be better off with Asik in this game. Howard can't handle the Clips' athleticism.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets have now said Howard has a strained left ankle and is day-to-day.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/449948417708793857">March 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Haharocket

Haharocket Member

I guess keeping asik isn't so bad now :) poor bev, I hope he take his time to recover. Don't want it to affect his future. Without bev or Dwight we going to need jones and demo to step up.

5. Andrew Wiggins

I did not know that. Want to do a tip jar or sig bet that we win this game.

6. Andrew Wiggins

Carl herrera, where art thou?

7. chatterjb

chatterjb Member

Great, so Howard is having nagging ankle issues three weeks before the playoffs. I swear, the Rockets have the WORST injury fate.

Somehow, I get the feeling the Rockets will step up in this one though. It's just one of those games...I get the feeling Harden is going to drop like 40 tonight to make a statement. I just hope that JLin makes CP3 play some defense. There is no doubt CP3 is an elite PG, but he's also such a dirty player. I hope the refs don't his BS tonight. If they do, then Lin may very well end up in foul trouble and end up being a complete non-factor.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We might as well just sit Howard until the playoffs. Have him practice with Hakeem and CD on the side.

This team looks locked into that 4 seed with Beverley out.

10. cruwinas_lawona

No Dwight, no Patrick - shoot, I was looking forward to this game. Asik and Lin will need to step up, Rockets still are a formidable team.

11. torocan

torocan Member

Welcome back to 2012/13! Sort of...

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ugh. I was hoping we could win this one. Maybe they'll shock me.

13. torocan

torocan Member

For those who missed it...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just talked to Dwight Howard. Says he will not play next 10 days due to L Ankle. Clippers meet Rockets tonight @ 5 on Prime Ticket.</p>&mdash; Ralph Lawler (@Ohmeomy) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ohmeomy/statuses/449935435729354753">March 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's the play by play announcer for the Clippers, and followed by Marc Stein and Daryl Morey. Guessing he's legit.

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

10 days? dam

15. Yellow

Yellow Member

Was already a loss with Beverley, Dwight & Greg Smith out. Now it's going to be a blow out.

16. Andrew Wiggins

I want them to lose so they will win.

Our prize if we get out of the first? A pissed off, fully loaded okc team.

17. Andrew Wiggins

Now that beverley is out fir the season, do thunder fans still hate the rockets? Do their players still hold a grudge against us?

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

is delfino playing or is he injured too?

19. Exel

Exel Member

Damn, Dwight out for 10 days now. Well I hope Asik sets some crushing screens on CP3 and defends the rim with his verticality.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

My guess is he returns for the home game against the Pelicans. This is probably a precautionary move after what happened to Bev.