1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Clutchfans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/28/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 27, 2009.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

We rolled over one of the crappiest teams in the NBA at home. What analysis do we need? :)

2. blender

blender Member

Hm, don't remember that one. I'll have to pay attention to how Brooks does when he's the primary passer to Yao, particularly when Artest and Battier are sitting. IIRC that's not very frequent.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I remember it. I don't know if it's inexperience (probably), his height, or simply indecision, but he has to make those plays. Lowry is much better with the entry pass to Yao, if it's a comparison between the two, IMO. There's a lot Brooks brings to the table, but he is still a work in progress (as is Lowry... he just has a better sense of his limitations).

4. notcool

notcool Member

I initially thought this post was the post-game analysis thread and could not imagine it had more than 20+ pages :p

It's nice to see Battier getting more offensive minded. Seeing Chuck Hayes playing his D is the most enjoyable part of the game

5. landryfans

landryfans Member

Ron post up, hard blocked 2-3 times,

Aron make shoots,

Fresh Yao is unstopable,

Shane with no miss,

Practice pass to Yao while he is moving,

Wafer being Wafer,

6. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes.
    Maybe no post game bc it might be someones bday, or maybe they have company in town? Just thinking, could be lots of reasons

7. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

Rockets has stabilized, and now come the playoff teams to show how good we are..and how far we could go.. Third round?

8. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Anyways, When will Landry be back? Boy, we really need him for our really tough last 9 games

9. cst_chenchen

cst_chenchen Member

We can do it...

10. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

It was during the Minnesota Puppies blowout

11. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Change your sig from aaron brooks is a problem to BRIAN COOK IS A PROBLEM

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, these long breaks in between games are killing me.

Next game can't come soon enough.

13. SeeingRocketRed

Why Yao's Shoulder was Hurt :
    I saw several people post questions about why Yao was rubbing his shoulder throughout the first half. The answer is that Kaman elbowed Yao HARD in the shoulder when Yao was defending him. Yao fell down and Kaman scored easily and no foul was called. Yao got angry. And proceeded to demolish Kaman in the first half, until the game was well out of reach. Stupid Kaman+referees just turned Yao into the Hulk, that's all.

Why Yao Looked So Dominant:
    The main reason Yao played so well was because the offense was MUCH MUCH better at getting him the ball. They got it to him on the move, where Yao is deadly. I wish I had stats for this, but trust me. The Rockets set back picks to free Yao up for a moment to get the ball deep in the post. Aaron Brooks made a beautiful play where he faked the obvious entry pass to Yao, and when his man took a couple of quick steps back toward Yao to contest the pass, Brooks just fired an open 3. Nice. When the ball moves, the players move, and the offense flows, it's a beautiful thing. Adelman deserves credit for obviously working on it over the several day break the Rockets have had.

14. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

WTF was brent barry doing that night? he thought he was reggie miller or something..

Wafer had me rolling when he starting lighting up the clippers in garbage time. Wafer didnt give a damn..

I know brain cook pissed off every fan in houston when he missed the alleyhoop to james white. Even bill worrell said he wanted to see james white dunk.

I am officially apart of the "I hate brain cook bandwagon"

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Could Mike Taylor be a useful PG for the Rockets if the Clippers decide not to keep him?