1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 2/25/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2015.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Man, that hurts a lot. Sit him out. No need to risk re-injury. Get well soon James.

2. RESINator

RESINator Member

He should sit out but we all know McHale is mentally weak and succumb to James Harden

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Prigs at PG running with that second unit was very nice!

Beverley getting the flu has been huge to FORCE McHale to give Prigs minutes. Now that Prigs has gotten a chance to show what he can do for that 2nd unit, McHale hopefully will have confidence in him and give him a chance to do more as the season goes on.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What a hell of a game! I love beating the Clips. About time, too. If Mac doesn't rest James the next game, he's an idiot, in my opinion. Take no chances, dude. Ankle injuries can linger and we don't need that at all. We'll still have some ups and downs, but absent a further blow with the "i" word, the Rocks should be playing some beautiful ball by April, Dwight or no Dwight. Love the chemistry!

Gotta say it again, love the chemistry! And it'll get better, folks. Go Rocks!

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm positive Prigioni would have gotten minutes with the second unit no matter how sick Beverley was or wasn't. We've been looking to give that second unit some direction all season. Prigs was brought in specifically for that.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

McHale is a lot of things. Mentally weak is not of them. Smh...:rolleyes:

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Really loved the ball movemet last night. I pray Bev gets moved down to 20 minutes a game.

8. tmartizzle

tmartizzle Member

Great win tonight. Not to downplay anything, but it was at home and they didn't have Blake Griffin. Conversely, we didn't have Dwight or Beverly...
    Still, I'd really like to see some more wins on the road against playoff teams. So far, there is Memphis (OT) and OKC (sans Durant AND Westbrook) and Cleveland (sans Lebron) and Phoenix (actually probably not a playoff team). Did I miss any?

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Best win this season. Most of our previous big victories happened with teams
    2NB2B, props but not full props. Plus LAC has had our number for a while.

The bench is great. Seems like either Brewer or Smith gets a near double-double (or better) each game.
    Jones is ballin. If Dwight returns 80% and lasts through the playoffs, big things can happen this season.

10. saleem

Portland without LMA. We are also 2-1 vs the Mavs. One of those wins came without Dwight, we lost the last one.

The Memphis win was without Dwight too. I apologize those were home wins.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

True

We haven't played @ POR, TOR, or WAS and only once @ OKC, LAC,
    DAL, SAN, and NO. There will be plenty chances for redemption.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Who's "we"?

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Anyone notice at 6:06 in 3Q on ESPN feed that Jordan ass-slapped T. Jones so hard it almost broke T. Jones' neck. You could tell TJ was like wtf u spank me for:confused:

I paused to see the shove that Jordan gave TJ AFTER the play and that's when I saw it.

Just odd imo. I know this happens a lot in sports but this was the hardest and lowest I have seen.

BTW, DMO caught the 50 shades out of the corner of his eye and was quietly like.... Wtf

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only big that Jordan wasn't trying to bully was Smoove. Had to LOL when D-Mo was thrown to the ground and refs called a double foul. Refs were letting Clips get away with a ton of contact.

15. PeppermintCandy

Time to put that resin pipe down and step away.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwight hasn't played Dallas

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Let's just let Harden rest.

18. saleem

Thanks for the correction.

19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The reason we lose leads all the time is because of how we built those leads in the first place. 3's and/or creating turnovers that lead to fast breaks. It's hard to sustain that success over the course of of an entire game. 3's won't go in all the time. In fact, cold spells come with that territory. Getting steals won't happen every possession, and fast break opportunities aren't there everytime. I don't know what the answer is for when our 3's don't fall or if our defense isn't creating turnovers. Maybe it's shorter minute spurts for every player to keep them fresh. Maybe it's better go-to half court sets to get baskets in the paint as an alternative to a 3. We need more quality players in this system, which I think we have. The coaching however ... There could be an improvement with the x's, o's and gameplan

20. Marteen

Marteen Member

Are these the Brooklyn Nets I'm watching or the '96 Bulls.