1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 2/25/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2015.

1. On Top

On Top Member

We will.

1 person likes this.
  2. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

If Bev is still out and Terry has to guard CP3 for any amount of time tomorrow night I think I'll die

3. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

You know what's frightening?

James Harden can have a triple double every night against any team if he's in the mood. He always gets halfway there in a quarter and just chills rest of the game

4. stab

stab Member

With Blake out, I think we got a shot to win this one. 115-109 good guys

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Matchup nightmare. Paul gets into the paint by coming around screens set by Jordan and we don't have a big man good enough to clog up the paint. And then, even on possessions where they move the ball around the perimeter, Reddick wears out Harden by running around screens. And to top it all off, even when they do miss, Jordan is twice as athletic as anybody we can throw at him right now, so he wears our big men out. And then, as if all of that wasn't enough, they flop, whine, and b**** more than any other team in the NBA. Basically, I don't even care if we win or lose. I just hate the ****ing Clippers.

6. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

True test right here with TJ, D-Mo & Smith vs. DJ, Big Baby & Hawes.

7. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Even Philly wins a game every once in a while...surely we can beat the Clips every once in a while too. Right? Right?

Ugh.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hoping the renewed effort on defense the last two games will help the team. More importantly the 3 point shooting in the second half of the wolves game carries over.

after starting 1-15 the rockets finished 11-23 which is a great % from 3.

this game is going to be huge the Mavs have two tough eastern conference opponents tonight and tomorrow (raps @ home, Hawks on road) and Portland plays the Spurs tomorrow.

The Rockets if they win tomorrow can create a little separation between themselves and the others for the 3 spot in the west.

If the Rockets win and the Blazers lose and the Mavs lose both games then the Rockets could be potentially 2.5 games above those 3 teams for the 3rd spot. Crazy considering that they've lost to all 3 in the last 2 weeks.

Cannot understate how large the game tomorrow is

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Schedule loss against a team without Griifin and no bench? I see the excuses are in already from the apologists

It's not like we're playing a back to back.

Anyway stick Ariza on Reddick and let Harden guard Barnes. Harden gets tired trying to keep up with Reddick who is constantly on the move and will anyway light us up.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Blake was out last game.............................

11. newAge_Rockets

Loss. Until we prove that we can beat the Clippers, I'm not going to be very optimistic.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Let's beat them.

13. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Redick hits 8 3s the Rockets lose by 11.

14. SemisolidSnake

While's there's no harder guy to snatch a rebound from in the league, I think proper, aggressive, textbook boxing out would go a long way. I wouldn't foul him if he gets the rebound, though, because at that point he's dunking it (like our pussywillows should try to do, but don't), and the only thing you're getting from that is a foul and at least 2 pts with a low-chance of 3 pts scored against you.

As an aside, Doc Rivers must be a hell of a coach. There was all sorts of talk a few years ago about Jordan being an average center that could be on the chopping block in order to get Rivers to come to L.A. Now, he's one of the elite centers in league, and anybody would love to have him. I wish the Clips weren't so good; I'd be happy to try to woo him back to his hometown: Houston.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seeing as how the Rockets are physically incapable of beating the Clippers in a basketball game, I am not confident.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

James needs to make this a personal game. He's never beaten the clipps as a rocket. But realistically, we don't really have a chance of winning.

17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Surely the law of averages will help us out here. Would be really nice to get some confidence against these guys as I think we'll match up with either the Clips or Mavs.

18. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Durant goes for 50 Rockets win

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Joey Dorsey - 20p-20r-10b

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

That's not a test.... That's a slaughter waiting to happen...

T_Man