1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Just got to give it more time to gel. We will be okay. It sucks losing to LA teams, though. What we need is to win the next game with a solid effort on both ends to get some confidence back and going again.

2. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

So bev starts 2 games and results in 2 losses. Although he had a decent game.. If it was Lin, it be he fault. Actually I take that back, as a bench player it was his fault..

CLUTCH FANS ARE IDIOTS... TRADE LIN!

3. ILoveWhiteGirls

L.A has our numbers for many years. Face it, don't matter if it's early in the season or not. We are not quite there yet. At best this team could be a 2nd round team nothing more.

4. OpportunityCost

Wow, I wonder how that will be spun by the simpletons since your join date to Clutch Fans was long before Jeremy was even in the NBA let alone the Rockets.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Coach McHale after the game:

(On what changed offensively in the 3rd quarter) “We were on the line trying to get it to 13 and then it just snowballed from there. We missed some shots and we started doubting it and we stopped taking some shots that we needed to take. Then we got a lot of turnovers and then we just got really passive. We just got nothing going from that point on. They (Clippers) really took advantage of it. Our offense dried up and conversely our defense started drying up. I don't know how many times they got to the line in the 3rd quarter but they got to the line quite a bit in that 3rd quarter. We just couldn't muster any kind of response.”

(On the play of the Rockets this season) “We haven't really hit a stride as a team. We're struggling. We struggle on and off but we'll win some games. We just seem out of sync a lot when we're playing and you can feel it. It feels like it's a grind. There are times when it's running smooth and we're moving. It feels good. Right now, we're just not in a good groove where we're playing well.”

(On the Rockets defense) “I thought for awhile we were playing good solid defense and then we went through a stretch at the end of the 3rd where we had too many turnovers that led to their (Clippers) baskets. They made a couple of tough shots. They were making tough shots and we were missing good shots. I didn't like our reaction to that. It seemed like everybody just started getting down. We're going to go through those periods. You just have to become more resilient as a team and have more belief and we'll get things done.”

6. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Lots of *****s went down that gave the Clippers momentum
    Lin TOs
    Bev Fouls on CP3
    Dwight shrinking
    Parsons can't overcome BG (no, duh!)
    Harden hurt which means we play 4 on 5
    Not hitting out shots or rushing for bad shots when we do get open looks
    Bad perimeter D
    Bad chemistry, no energy, looking clueless out there
    No adjustments from McHale! Not even a timeout to beat some senses into the players. And while at it, draw up a freaking play to get us out of funk!
    Failure to stretch the bench and play Jones/Smith/Brewer
    Epic team failure & breakdown in the 3rd quarter that spiraled.

Basically, same cr*p every game. If not in the 1st half, then in the 2nd half. When same problems keep occurring, it's on the coach to figure something out.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

is there a way to see how many PnR plays we ran in the 1st half vs. the 2nd half?

8. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

exactly. it's on coach, bad game plan, bad play design.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Hard to score when you only get the ball off of putbacks and such.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dwight take after the game. (Practice what you preach Mr. Leader) Have to lead by example.

(On how things changed in the second half) “We just stopped playing the way we had played to get the lead and when you are playing against a team like the Clippers, they've been together a couple of years and they play well together. We had to continue to do things that got us the lead and we didn't do that tonight and they capitalized on it. They got a good road win.”

(On the Rockets maintaining consistency) “We have to do that for four quarters and be consistent in what we do. We can't do it for a quarter or two for us to be a championship team. That's something we have to get better at. Right now, we're facing a little adversity, losing two games. We can't lose our head. We have to keep our cool. We've got to stay together and now is a great test for us. We have to stay focused. Every team goes through phases like this in the season.”

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Like Kenny, Sir Charles and Shaq Diesel stated the other day. DEMAND THE FREAKING BALL.

12. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

LOL:grin:

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

J Lin's comments after the game. ( Using that word sticky again).

(On what went wrong that caused the loss in lead) “I'm not really sure. I need to go back and take a look at the film. I really don't know. I think we didn't get back to moving the ball as much. I think the ball got a little sticky.”

(On the building pressure during the Clippers 18-0 run) “We had to really battle through that, battle through adversity. When times get tough, we have to get closer and not grow further apart. That's all part of the process, the building process.”

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

J Harden's comments after the game. (And he said the word defense but do he actually know what it means.) LOL

On what went wrong in the game) “It was a second half collapse. The first half we did a good job, especially on the defensive end. In the second half it was just the opposite. We could not knock down shots. They (Clippers) got a lot of easy points because of our ability to not knock down shots.”

On if the Rockets are searching for consistency seven games into the season) “Yes, it is only seven games and we are alright. It's still early in the beginning. Obviously, tough losses. It's tough one, but it's still early. We've got a long way to go. We have 75 more games to go so it's just the beginning for us.”

(On if his foot is bothering him) “It was hard. It was hard to move out there. I couldn't really be aggressive like I wanted to. I was just trying to make plays for my teammates, especially late in the game. It kind of got stiff later in the game but that's not an excuse for us to lose.”

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Pat Bev's comment after the game. He said they need to learn how to keep fighting. I guess they forgot they had to fight a lot last season. LOL

(On if consistency was the issue) “Yep. The biggest thing with us is we are a young team. It's not an excuse. We just need to learn how to keep fighting. That's the biggest thing with us. Not offense, not defense. Just to be able to fight and grind games out. Luckily, it is happening early than later so we'll be straight.”

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

What do you mean when you say "we accept mediocrity". Does it look like people are happy around here?

17. SPBR

SPBR Member

I hope McHale means the team struggles every now and then. It would be alarming if he meant the Rockets are struggling on and off the court, that's going to be a serious problem down the line.

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

This rings true with me. No lack of talent, just will....and experience.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I agree, but you know if he actually did that a la Hakeem Olajuwon, there would be outrage on here about how selfish he is, that he is a diva, and not a team player.

20. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

It's more like, seal your man deep in the paint, and look like you want the ball. It's not demanding, but more being the logical place to pass the ball to. Howard isn't establishing and giving the look like he wants the ball half the time.