1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/13/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 12, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. HP3

HP3 Member

I hope we rest Westbrook.

3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Why?? We are kind of low in the depth department right now and need all hands on deck. Is there an angle that i'm missing?

Tfor3, sungjina and vlaurelio like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. HP3

HP3 Member

It's more like, if they arent playing PG, we shouldnt play Westbrook. Lol Dantoni would never do something like that,he doesnt care haha.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is a good question. This is not broken-record hating, to be sure. you know, basketMAD-level hating. also DD seems to be making a prediction and provides an explanation for that prediction. Haters just rant with no apparent logic, rhyme, or reason.

For these reasons I must conclude that DD's post does not constitute hating. but I'm open to having my mind changed on the issue. I'd need to hear from other astute students of hating.

robgue, Killatron 2000, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

We're ready. A new clip for them Clippers.

[​IMG]

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

DD is guilty of a ton of this.... lol

9. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Na this man's posts recently have been like this...

[​IMG]

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

YEP, he was perhaps a somewhat great or useful critic before, now he acts almost as if his account is hacked by basketmad or PeterKingx

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Is Russ for sure playing tonight? I heard apparently Vegas had him listed as out

Paul George has his season debut tomorrow. We almost got the first game of the duo

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Cue the incessant whining over the refs in 3...2...1...

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Cue the post ignorant of our record when Tony Brothers is in da house...

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

"Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

If we take this to be true, then I'm not sure you can deem that it's not hate. He used limited logic (that doesn't mean he was wrong about the future that may transpire, but his logic certainly wasn't proof of being right about what about to happen) to justify spreading a negative idea. For instance, I could use positive bias to justify a win tonight. Like this:

We've won 4 in a row. I don't see this winning streak ending tonight. We'll win this.

People would argue that I'm just being a homer who loves his team with that kind of statement if they disagreed with me. That's because in this world aka Clutchfans GARM, you're either a hater or homer.

I cannot accept that limited logic drives out hate and I cannot accept that unnecessary negativity using limited logic is not hate. You'll have to argue that there was no hate spoken at all for me. There was an opportunity to use limited logic to drive your reason either direction, but the direction that's chosen defines which H you are.

That being said, DD clearly doesn't hate the Rockets overall so he makes my head explode. How can you choose to show so much hate using limited logic to justify your narrative for something you love so much?

heypartner and hakeem94 like this.
  15. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Westbrook and Beverly

[​IMG]

Tfor3 and vlaurelio like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ahhh, but you've hit upon a most difficult philosophical question. Just as there are some terms that cannot be defined (for example, define "red" . . . it can't be done), "hating" is a difficult concept to define. Therefore we must engage in "ostensive definition," that is, definition by pointing-out-examples.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostensive_definition

This is relatively easy to do in the current atmosphere of game threads dominated by hate. Take any @BasketMAD post, or @PeterKingX post, or even @J Sizzle post. Copy and paste it; and then Repeat over and over.

Pretty soon you will see a clear pattern of "hating" emerge. We don't need to try and define "hating" . . . we simply study examples of "hating" to determine what it is all examples of hating share in common . . . and by extension and parity of reasoning, what all haters share in common.

Once you've established a clear baseline of hating and haters from a sufficient sample of basketMAD (or whoever) posts, you can work outward from there to determine if subsequent posts from people like DD constitute hating by comparing to known cases of hating in your database of hating and haters.

#77 Os Trigonum, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    J Sizzle, vlaurelio and hakeem94 like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

#78 J.R., Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Vivi likes this.
  19. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Didnt expect george to play and he would most likely be on limited minutes

Kawhi in is good news he. needs to play on national tv teams

20. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

As long as harden can get more than 82 points I can care less if we win or lose. Rockets can go 0-82 for all i care.

hakeem94 likes this.