1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 1/15/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2013.

1. kozmo

kozmo Member

lol....seriously..... the reason why were losing is because we dont play an defense and we dont have a big that can finish, that why.....

2. Arthurprescott2

A lot of discontent on this board w/ this losing streak. But honestly, I've enjoyed watching these games even if the team is losing. Yea, our production in certain positions could be better (*cough* PF) and our team defense is terrible. But this is still a fun young team to watch. Even the games we lose, usually someone steps up and shows some brilliance (Parsons last night).

I'm just watching and waiting in anticipation of getting some deadweight off the roster. Even if we don't add a superstar, just shedding our "power" forwards and freeing up minutes for DMo/Jones would make this a more enjoyable team. Sure, there might be frustrations at the start w/ them, but stagnation w/ Morris/PPatt is really the most frustrating part of this team.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

Agreed this team is really fun to watch. Don't understand all the fuss. Everybody knew we were going to struggle some this season. I thought it was hilarious how people thought we had a fighting chance against the Clippers. It was obvious that they were going to give us an epic beat down. I seriously think that there bench could give us problems. Hopefully the team learns from this. Our PF's are hilarious. Remember when Patt tried posting up at the three point line?! Shameful. I am a lot more patient with Morris than I am with Patt though. Patt just bothers me.

4. Arthurprescott2

PPatt celebrated his return to the starting line-up by grabbing 2 rebounds!! ;)

PPatt tries to post up at the 3pt line at least once a game. And I wonder how many people will say PPatt's post defense is great after he got clobbered by Griffin (who in my opinion is a great post-up player now though people around the league disagree).

Morris though... I don't exactly know what his purpose on the court is ever. He's just an extra body when he doesn't come into the game w/ the energy that we saw at the start of the year. Playing out of position really hurts him - hope he gets moved to a team where he can play the 3 more.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am a lot more patient with Morris than I am with Patt. Morris is a decent shooter when he is on can really spread the floor. Morris is also a pretty good passer as well & runs the floor well. And he takes it to the rack stronger than PPatt although that does't say much. Neither are good screeners or rebounders or defenders or post players or PNR guys or PF's for that matter.

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

@HowardBeckNYT

Big break for Nets. RT @ajchawks Josh Smith suspended for tonight's game for practice detrimental to the team. #ATLHawks

Get er done Morey!

7. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

till in payoff hunt

Tough loss. If only they can have much better FT%. Shooting 50% something as a team won't bring a team too far in NBA. It is Dwight Howard's average, lol. Rox live and die by the 3 pointers too. If they shoot 3 in the low %, given their lack of D as a team and TO prone, they will lose many games. The team % in FT and 3 can be improved over time as these young players mature. To lose to a titile contender who is the hottest team in NBA is no shame. At least young Rox is still in payoff hunt. Can't expect too much from the youngest team in NBA. Be realistic.

8. wukong

wukong Member

4th Q at the 9:08 timeout.

9. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

more screens for Lin

Amazed that the coaches don't see how Lin was so successful during Linsanity - pnr and screens for Lin, and didn't make the adjustments during games when there are lack of screens. When they blew out teams in December, there were many screens. This is the failure of the coaches and Mchale is at fault for not insisting to players to set screens for the pg.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

We need a bench like the clippers

11. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

The Rockets are just as deep as the Clippers.

The Clippers have more experience and that's their edge.

12. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

The Rockets have one, but with McHale playing his starting backcourt close to 40 minutes each in January, you don't see it. Lin should be averaging 30-32 minutes per game and Harden 35-37. Then you'll see the bench productivity increase, especially with the addition of Beverley to go along with Douglas. The backcourt is fine. What the Rockets need is a new PF.

Starters

SF: Chandler Parsons
    PF: Patrick Patterson
    C: Omer Asik
    SG: James Harden
    PG: Jeremy Lin

Bench

SF: Carlos Delfino (rotation player)
    PF: Marcus Morris (rotation player)
    PF: Donatas Montiejunas
    C: Greg Smith (rotation player)
    C: Cole Aldrich
    SG: James Anderson
    PG: Toney Douglas (rotation player)
    PG: Patrick Beverley (rotation player)

Inactive

PF: Terrence Jones
    PF: Royce White

Rockets are 10 deep and if Montiejunas or Jones steps up, that could increase to 11 or 12.